Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im just curious on how many miles people have on their kp? I am purchasing my first vic kp tomorrow, it has a little over 12k miles on it. Is there anyone out there that has one over 100k miles on it?

·
Premium Member
13,657 Posts
A very nice woman, Sydney, who recently passed on unexpectedly had well over 150k miles on hers. No worries on motor longevity. It is common for these motors to go over 150k miles and one guy, Rollin, put 200k miles on his before trading it in on another Victory. I think Victory is saving that one. Rollin used Amsoil exclusively after the 500 mile first service.

·
Registered
407 Posts
A very nice woman, Sydney, who recently passed on unexpectedly had well over 150k miles on hers. No worries on motor longevity. It is common for these motors to go over 150k miles and one guy, Rollin, put 200k miles on his before trading it in on another Victory. I think Victory is saving that one. Rollin used Amsoil exclusively after the 500 mile first service.
Not Rollin!!! That was RoadKill.

I did put 12,000 miles on my Kingpin in one trip. 11,907 miles in 16 days.
That was done during the IBA 49 states in less than 10 days ride. I also completed a SS5000 during that ride. Over 5000 miles in less than 5 days.

I like the Kingpin!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Roadkill was the the First to put 100,000 on a Vic and then the First to go 200,000.

The bike is going or has gone to a Victory Museum from what I understand.

Incidently, this was done on AMSOIL

Bob

·
Registered
146 Posts
23,000 on my 2007. I've only had it for about 8 months so hopefully that will be 30,000 by November! thumb up

Longevity is definitely something Vic can do...my Uncle has a '99 92C with 106,XXX miles. It would have much more but he also owns a 92TC and a new Cross Country! cheers

·
Registered
146 Posts
4100 on my 08 kingpin tour.. I'm the 2nd owner
Did the first owner ever ride it? :D

My uncle (retired) has a 1999 Victory V92C (first generation of the freedom engine) and that thing has 106,000 miles! He has done nothing but a couple basic tune ups, one new belt, tires, tires, tires! This is what makes Victory such a good buy as a used bike...at 25,000 miles they are just getting started! A Harley guy on the other hand would look at a 25,000 mile Harley and say "that bike is about used up!"

·
Registered
586 Posts
Good to see many miles on various KP's. Mine got a late start out of the blocks, an '08 purchased in the fall of 2010. It's up to 11,500 miles (which some put on in a week and a half!). Hope to have son's riding Victories eventually, so a few used one's with high miles may be the ticket. My first cycle was a Honda purchased with 32K on it and sold with 44K ('80 CX500). My KP was new off the floor.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts