Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I`ve been riding since I was 7 years old and I`ve spent the past 20 years on Harleys. I was working in an independant Harley shop when Victory was developinbg their engine and followed it in the trade magazines. I knew Victory was developing a better engine than Harley ever would and that someday I would own one. Last year I rode a Kingpin tour and it was the best bike I had ever ridden. This year I went to the Fuel IT tour and I wil;l not rest until I own a Vision Tour. We`ve even kicked our " Total Money Makeover" into high gear to make it happen.
What I`m wondering is how many of you like me were content with Harley until Victory came along? I`m tired of buying underpowered overpriced cramped bikes and upgrading the supension and engine to make them what they should have been from the factory.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Ya use to have a softail and a sportster before that. But after seeing vics and rideing one i had to have one. I love the damn thing thumb up

·
Registered
152 Posts
Lots of metrics over the years then a nice Evo Lowrider that gave me the HD bug, 2 Heritage softtails and a sweet Street glide i did up with mini apes, stretched bags etc..lots fo fun
One ride on the vision and i bought one and blacked it out...picking up a new 2010 8Ball KP tomorrow for my wife.

Sold on em!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Had Harleys for several years and fancied a change. Nothing in the HD range appealed so I tried Victory.

I still have a huge fondness for MoCo and keep thinking about an XR1200 to sit alongside the Hammer.

I'm enjoying not being a Harley rider and having something outside the norm

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yep...Had a Road Glide, just never felt like I was having fun on it...SLOW and under powered...Friend got a Vision and left me sitting on Cherohala Skyway...Went and test rode a Vision...3 weeks later I owned a Vision....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Been there done that! Former HD rider

I have riden HD's for over 30 years, every thing from hardtail choppers to classic Baggers, to customs. I bought my 2009 Vision Tour Premium last fall and I will never go back to HD! I got so tired of having to add thousands of $$$$$ to make my HD something special and unique. Well my Victory Vision is just that! SPECIAL AND UNIQUE! Not to mention the 5 YEAR WARRANTE that HD can never touch. I am 6'7" tall and the vision fits like a glove. For the first time I dont have to add forward controls or rake out the front end with highway pegs in order to ride the damn thing!
Stretch

·
Registered
4 Posts
Last week went to MOMs south in Foxboro Ma. to check out Kingpins.Traded in my 04 FatBoy for a new Kingpin Tour. Can't believe the difference in the two bikes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I traded in my Roadking classic.after dumping thousands into it to make it "right". I was looking through a cycle magazine one night and this perfect Crossroads caught my eye. I was at the dealer the next day, after a great test ride I was sold. More power, more torque, and best of all handles like a dream. I'll keep buying american, but it sure as hell won't be a hog.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just bought my First Victory - a Kingpin. Have owned several Harleys - mostly dressers - one Road King. I like my Kingpin alot.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I've been riding since I was 8. I have always loved sportsters, still do. I test rode the RoadKing, but didn't like the ride, feel or price as much as I liked the look. So the KP was a significant upgrade from a sporty. The HD's are classic, and I still appreciate them. But, when I ride, I like to ride a current technology bike. And I think the KP looks more like a custom bike. That's why I ride the KP.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've been riding since I was 8. I have always loved sportsters, still do. I test rode the RoadKing, but didn't like the ride, feel or price as much as I liked the look. So the KP was a significant upgrade from a sporty. The HD's are classic, and I still appreciate them. But, when I ride, I like to ride a current technology bike. And I think the KP looks more like a custom bike. That's why I ride the KP.
I`ve always loved working on vintage bikes. After we buy our dream house and a Victory I`ll probably pick up an old Moto-Guzzi to tinker with. I`ve started to think of Harley for what they really are, a current production vintage bike.

BTW I started riding when I was 7.MY first bike was an Arco EZ Rider I

·
Registered
181 Posts
My first bike was a blue 1969 honda z50 minitrail. I've been seeing replicas of them on sale on craigslist! We used to ride it in the backyard and were constantly setting up a jump ramp in the middle of the course, almost like bmx!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have owned 2 Harleys over the years. I am on my 34th bike including dirt bikes and have really taken a liking to my new Vision. My last bike was a Moto Guzzi Norge which was a good bit lighter and had a lot of character. I like my Victory a lot better than I thought I ever would. I guess I never pictured myself riding a "couch". Actually, it's a great place to be!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts