Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a windshield on mine, I like the thought of it when it starts to drop into the 20s-30s for keeping me warmer, but it seems to be killiing my gas mileage, how many of you have added them and noticed a drop, how much of a drop?? thanks!

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Windshield

hate fighting the wind so i put one on and love it.did not see any effect on MPG? Helps the ears with low profile helmets.I have a 2003 vegas.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I have a screen on my pin, won't ride without it. I wanna ride not work lol. Mpg shouldn't be an issue, the air is hitting you or the screen

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I always thought it shouldn't make much difference, but I had been getting 46ish mpg, but since I put the shield on im down to 41-42. i can feel the wind now more, especially in traffic on the highway. I have a memphis fats shield, 19" tall from the top of the headlight, and the matching lowers. I pulled the windshield off tonight to run a tank of gas through without it to see what happens. I have ridden for the last 6yrs without one, so another couple days won't make a difference. thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Got the mini standard on mine. Just big enough where it doesn't interfere with the lines of the bike but makes a huge difference.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
help w/install

Got the mini standard on mine. Just big enough where it doesn't interfere with the lines of the bike but makes a huge difference.
do you know where I can get a copy of the install directions. I picked a shield up 2nd hand, can't seem to line the brackets up. Thanks

·
Registered
85 Posts
do you know where I can get a copy of the install directions. I picked a shield up 2nd hand, can't seem to line the brackets up. Thanks
Are you sure they are the correct brackets? Vegas brackets are unique and are sold separately. Install is pretty straightforward. Clamps go on the forks 1" down from the triple clamp and shield is bolted to the utside of the brackets.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have a slipsreamer its the short 17" model. It works ok but I would prefer one around 20" or so, and the only good looking option in my opinion is the factory lock and ride model thats 25"... but it costs $500!!!! Thats absolutely nuts for a windshield. Then you have to buy the $130 brackets too...

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have a 12 XR with the tall windshield and just finished my 1st All highway tank and got 46.59 mpg. I'm satisfied.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts