Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how much you can lower a 13 Hammer by adjusting the stock shock?

Not sure If I want to lower it a full 1.25".

TIA!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2005 Hammer. I had to adjust my shock up some. If you go to low on mine the top of the drive belt rubs on something inside the front pulley cover.

·
Registered
537 Posts
You can't lower it any by adjusting your shock. You adjust your shock to set the sag to your weight to have the suspension in the optimum range. See owners manual. You set the sag and still too high, get lowering bones.....

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Just wondering how much you can lower a 13 Hammer by adjusting the stock shock?

Not sure If I want to lower it a full 1.25".

TIA!!!
As another member mentioned, the shock adjusts how stiff your suspension is, not really a good way to lower your seat height. One common issue with lowering is the belt rub on the front pulley. Many still go through with the lowering and solve the rub issue one of two ways. Remove existing cover, trim spot rubbing with a dremel tool or something similar or install an open belt cover like this http://buywitchdoctors.com/p/956/victory-motorcycle-parts-black-open-belt-covers-engine-components-hammer-semi-gloss-sc-229/

If you choose this route, I can help save you a couple $. I have a set of lowering links I'll sell for $16 delivered. ($6 of that is shipping)

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts