Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did some searches and didn't find anything definitive, so...... At what hp/tq levels does the stock bottom end, clutch, belt, bearings need to be addressed for reliability?$?$?

·
Registered
483 Posts
How much you gunning for?

·
Premium Member
13,167 Posts
Did some searches and didn't find anything definitive, so...... At what hp/tq levels does the stock bottom end, clutch, belt, bearings need to be addressed for reliability?$?$?
The general consensus is the Freedom 106 engine is designed to handle at least 140/140 hp/tq. People have gone beyond that with no issues to my knowledge using nitrous or superchargers.

If HP is your game; you need to talk with Lloyd.

https://lloydz.com/

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info guys. I'm not overly interested in Loydz, as that is everyone's "go to" and I like to stay out of the box...I'll most likely end up there for the .495 cams and springs. At this point in time the heads are staying here in Indiana for CNC port and valve work, while the jugs (still have one foot on this side of the fence) are going to Wisconsin; Revolution Performance 117 kit. PCV being upgraded to Maximus...

HC - I figured you would chime in! I thought that I had seen you comment in reference to this previously. Any guidance on which Primo spring, or should I just call them?

Can't wait to bring her up from the basement this spring!!

B

·
Premium Member
8,793 Posts
Thanks for the info guys. I'm not overly interested in Loydz, as that is everyone's "go to" and I like to stay out of the box...I'll most likely end up there for the .495 cams and springs. At this point in time the heads are staying here in Indiana for CNC port and valve work, while the jugs (still have one foot on this side of the fence) are going to Wisconsin; Revolution Performance 117 kit. PCV being upgraded to Maximus...

HC - I figured you would chime in! I thought that I had seen you comment in reference to this previously. Any guidance on which Primo spring, or should I just call them?

Can't wait to bring her up from the basement this spring!!
B

Barnett do a heavier diaphragm and billet cover plate, that's what I'm running, its heavy yeah but not as heavy as the damn Scorpion Ive taken off...its overkill.

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Brian, where in Indiana are you located?

·
Registered
352 Posts
I Did one full season , about 14,000 miles ...with stock bottom ....116SC ....roughly 200hp / 176tq ......no issues.

Peter

·
Premium Member
13,167 Posts
I Did one full season , about 14,000 miles ...with stock bottom ....116SC ....roughly 200hp / 176tq ......no issues.

Peter
You'd never see a Harley do that. The wheels would scissor first.

Bet that was a fun summer. Do you still have the bike and have you opened the engine up at all since the top end build?

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Love all the info this forum has to offer. I'll plan on a spring as well be it Primo or Barnett

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
Maybe that's where the Revolution Performance 132" kit that KMC is working on will end up. I'd love to looking at the RP 117" kit next season but I don't think I'm quite their yet money wise.

·
Registered
433 Posts
There's no way I would go 116 without understanding that my motor could explode. Seen Harleys explode with kits that are too big and have read about a few Vic 106 bikes exploding in just two weeks of reading.

·
Premium Member
8,793 Posts
There's no way I would go 116 without understanding that my motor could explode. Seen Harleys explode with kits that are too big and have read about a few Vic 106 bikes exploding in just two weeks of reading.
We all know about bombed up Harleys letting go.
Too many weak links in the chain...

Wheres the links to grenaded Victory 106's ???
Properly built and with sensible boost they'll handle anything you can throw at them.

My 109" is the same piston size as a 116" with the slightly shorter stroke of the 100" Victory makes it oversquare for revability, I've flogged the **** outta mine for the last 26,000 kilometers and it loves it.

Only one I've seen let go is when Lloyd turbocharged a stocker for the salt and it threw a rod from a lot of boost.

Capacity increase is not really a danger in Vics if done properly and any engine will let go if its overpressurised with excessive turbo or supercharger boost...any engine!...
Seen enough blown nitro Hemi Chryslers destroy themselves in under five seconds.
Overboosted engines are a time bomb.

·
Registered
433 Posts
All I can tell you is that at least two of them were mentioned at The Vog somewhere. I never have liked excessive bore engines. Too many risks in more ways than pressure for a typical street bike. That's just me though! That's the point where I would give up on that area of the engine, improve other things or go to another engine.

·
Premium Member
8,793 Posts
All I can tell you is that at least two of them were mentioned at The Vog somewhere. I never have liked excessive bore engines. Too many risks in more ways than pressure for a typical street bike. That's just me though! That's the point where I would give up on that area of the engine, improve other things or go to another engine.
I wouldnt call an eighth inch over on a four inch bore excessive, specially when fitted with the Darton sleeves as used in Top Fuel engines.
Each to thier own though.
Ill agree to disagree...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts