Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new person here, and presently ride a 2009 Royal Star Venture. While I am pretty happy with my 2 year old purchase, the one major thing that I don't like about the Venture is the high seat height (even after lowering), and the low speed instability. Also...while I feel the engine (4 cylinder) is top notch, the rest of the bike is cheaply made. But, I can still live with it.

Now comes along the Victory Cross Country Tour, and I gotta tell you that I am very impressed. I'm impressed with the seat height and especially all the options available on the bike.

My questions are:

1. Victory lists a MSRP of $21,999. Does Victory sell like Harley and the price listed IS THE PRICE YOU GIVE or are negotiations possible? What is the best deal anyone has gotten on VXCT?

2. Does Victory take trade-ins?

3. The bike comes with a radio correct? Has anyone had the upgraded stereo package installed?

4. Does Victory no longer offer the 5 year warranty on the VXCT? Is it limited to just a 2 year?

5. How hard is it to do the maintenance on this bike? Oil Changes, Filter Changes? Tire removal?

6. I know most of you probably LOVE THE BIKE (it is cool looking), but give me some NEGATIVES of the BIKE and/or the Company.

Thanks for any and all replies. I am very anxious to test ride one.

Wally

·
Registered
88 Posts
Arkie,
Welcome to the site! I can only answer a couple questions but here they go...

1) I bought a Ness XC...there wasn't any haggling on the price of the bike but we haggled on the price of extras and my Trade-in

2) Yup, traded my '01 Suzuki Volusia for the XC

3) It does come with a radio

4) IDK

5) Oil and filter change was easy enough...haven't had to do anything else. Though it was a pain in the arse to take off the stock passenger peg mounting bars so I could install the new floorboards and chrome mounting bars.

6) a)Can be spotty service/knowledge at the dealerships (from what I've heard). My local dealer in Nashville is awesome though.
b) At about 115mph it starts to feel floaty.
c) I think they fixed it with the taller windshield for the XCT but wind buffeting your head can be a problem.
d) The hard bag latches can be finicky...gotta make sure they click completely when you shut it or it'll open up going down the highway. Learned my lesson a few minutes after I bought the bike.
e) The speakers start to get drowned out at about 75-80mph... easy enough fix though with better speakers and an amp.

·
Registered
12,245 Posts
I am a new person here, and presently ride a 2009 Royal Star Venture. While I am pretty happy with my 2 year old purchase, the one major thing that I don't like about the Venture is the high seat height (even after lowering), and the low speed instability. Also...while I feel the engine (4 cylinder) is top notch, the rest of the bike is cheaply made. But, I can still live with it.

Now comes along the Victory Cross Country Tour, and I gotta tell you that I am very impressed. I'm impressed with the seat height and especially all the options available on the bike.

My questions are:

1. Victory lists a MSRP of $21,999. Does Victory sell like Harley and the price listed IS THE PRICE YOU GIVE NO or are negotiations possible? YES What is the best deal anyone has gotten on VXCT? I HAVEN'T BOUGHT ONE....YET.

2. Does Victory take trade-ins? DEPENDS ON DEALER

3. The bike comes with a radio correct? CORRECT Has anyone had the upgraded stereo package installed?

4. Does Victory no longer offer the 5 year warranty on the VXCT? Is it limited to just a 2 year? I DUNNO

5. How hard is it to do the maintenance on this bike? Oil Changes, A SNAP Filter Changes? OIL = COULDN'T BE EASIER / AIR = REMOVE TANK - NOT HARD TO DO Tire removal? SHOP DOES THAT

6. I know most of you probably LOVE THE BIKE (it is cool looking), but give me some NEGATIVES of the BIKE and/or the Company.
WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE?

Thanks for any and all replies. I am very anxious to test ride one.

Wally
Wally,
For decades I have had first gen Ventures, but cancer and age had me needing a lower seat height and CG in order to continue riding. I am so grateful to Victory for coming out with the Cross bikes as I have been a cruiser hater for a long time and they resolved all those things I don't like about them. I saw a white XCT yesterday and it was love at first sight. If I was still into long distance touring, my XR would become trading stock shortly. A test ride will be your undoing - have checkbook at the ready. thumb up

1 - 3 of 3 Posts