Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
didn't like stock ends so decide to change em
I bought from home depot 1" plumbing fitting, sand it down just a hair to got tight fit...cut in half and put in handle bar ends...now you can install any ends with rubber ....i choose spike ones....

Attachments

·
Registered
470 Posts
thats cool as h e double L. where did you get the spike ends? and what is the carbon fiber looking thing?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
spikes from ebay and these carbon fiber are left overs from my suzuki...just an example

·
Premium Member
13,653 Posts
Great idea! Can you post a pic of what the spike ends look like on the inside? Is it fairly easy to take the ends off? Did you have to pound the brass couplers in with a hammer so it's in there snug?

PS: Looks like you could use some Bag Balm or some other heavy duty hand lotion. I guess the dry Winter air is taking its toll this year, eh.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes i did it with hammer cuz i wanted them to be really tight

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
13,653 Posts
yes i did it with hammer cuz i wanted them to be really tight
Ok. Now I see why it works. These bar ends are for the metric 7/8" bars. By making a bushing you turned the 1" bars into the 7/8" bars on the very end.

One would think companies would make these bar ends for 1" bars but I guess not. I looked for a long time before finding a set of the carbon fiber looking ones for 1" bars.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thats why i made smaller end of bars ...now im able to install whatever i want... :)

·
Registered
470 Posts
???? what do you mean????
we want details! details! details!....what part number? how did you install? where did the rubber expandable grommets come from? part no? :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
we want details! details! details!....what part number? how did you install? where did the rubber expandable grommets come from? part no? :)
expandable rubber comes with bar ends...you can find on ebay mant different bar ends wit that rubber for 7/8" bars...and how did i installed...look at my first post...

·
Registered
470 Posts
i'm going to do something with mine this spring. i would like to have actual vibration damper ends that look good too. thanks for the ideas!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Ebay Seller?

...you can find on ebay mant different bar ends wit that rubber for 7/8" bars..

Do you have name of ebay seller? I looked all over ebay and could not find those bar ends. Thanks

·
Premium Member
13,653 Posts
...you can find on ebay mant different bar ends wit that rubber for 7/8" bars..

Do you have name of ebay seller? I looked all over ebay and could not find those bar ends. Thanks
Try this link under Handlebar End Plugs. I didn't look through all the pages of products but there are a lot just one the first page that I think would look good.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1311.R1&_nkw=handlebar+end+plugs&_sacat=0&_from=R40

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
470 Posts
i got some black billet ends at cycle gear in knoxville . i have always hated the cheap plastic ones on my bike. i found out that a piece of 1/2" galvanized water pipe with the outsides ground down just a hair work perfect as spacers.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts