Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm going to be getting a Russell seat. I'm considering whether to have them put heat in it. Has anyone added a Russell heated seat to a Cross Country that didn't have factory heated seats? How do you hook up the wiring? Does the bike already have wiring to plug into or is this a full custom job to tap off the battery and add a relay?

Sounds like they offer either switches on the side of the seat or you can buy and use a factory switch, though it isn't clear how easy that is to install.

Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
611 Posts
my cross roads did not have heated seats but it was prewired for it. Remove the old seat and somewhere under the rear fender is a 2 position harness that is used with the factory heated seats. Pull that out, plug it in and you're good to go. Took me maybe 5 minutes to get it all done when I put an OE touring seat on my bike.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my cross roads did not have heated seats but it was prewired for it. Remove the old seat and somewhere under the rear fender is a 2 position harness that is used with the factory heated seats. Pull that out, plug it in and you're good to go. Took me maybe 5 minutes to get it all done when I put an OE touring seat on my bike.
Thanks. So what did you use for the on/off switch?

Rob

·
Registered
611 Posts
Thanks. So what did you use for the on/off switch?

Rob
On the OE seat it's built into the seat. Kind of a pain actually because you can't reach it while on the bike. The harness itself is switched 12v but once the bike is on the harness is on so you don't have an option to turn it off unless you add something. If you do have a heated seat build for you either plan on tapping into the power wires that are already on the bike to add a switch or ask the builder to add the switches directly into the seat.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On the OE seat it's built into the seat. Kind of a pain actually because you can't reach it while on the bike. The harness itself is switched 12v but once the bike is on the harness is on so you don't have an option to turn it off unless you add something. If you do have a heated seat build for you either plan on tapping into the power wires that are already on the bike to add a switch or ask the builder to add the switches directly into the seat.
Russell will put them directly in the seat, normally, or they will leave them out for you to mount. I thought there was a dash switch for the CCT heated seat, but I may be mistaken.

Thanks,
Rob

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
The switches for the xct heated seat are on the left side of the seat. The dash switch is for the heated grips.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for clarifying that. Makes things easier to not have to procure and install a dash switch.

Rob

·
Registered
49 Posts
Anyone know if the 2011 Cross Country is already pre wired for a heated seat?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Well the 2010 is and it was the first ones so I would think the 11s are

1 - 9 of 9 Posts