Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the book says to lube the throttle cable ends only. But for the life of me, I can't figure out how to get to the cable ends at the throttle body under the tank. I also assume no lube is needed up by the throttle grip. Anyone do this and could you provide some help?

·
Registered
220 Posts
The cable ends under the tank are not that hard to access. as daunting as it may sound, you can lift the tank to get to them easier. You just take off the two side panels and remove the seat by two allen bolts on either side, and then the back of the tank has a bolt under the front of the seat. loose the two bolts under those plastic black straps by the forks at the front of the tank and you can lift the tank up enough to access the throttle cables. you can search for a better detailed step by step method of how to remove the tank on these forums, and its really easy. i had to reroute the throttle cables on my bike when I put the highball bars on.

good luck.

·
13,177 Posts
why not pull a wedge and with some kind a spray like wd40 give it a shot or two.
You will not make a mess unless you drowned it.
You don't half to do it very often

·
Registered
931 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts