1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
im not going to be moving near you!

·
Registered
470 Posts
only thing is its illegal unless you register the adapter as a suppressor and pay the 200.00. they actually sell the adapters as a catch can mount for attaching the filter while cleaning your gun, very eco friendly;)
tell that to atf if you get caught with it on your gun.

·
Registered
261 Posts
only thing is its illegal unless you register the adapter as a suppressor and pay the 200.00. they actually sell the adapters as a catch can mount for attaching the filter while cleaning your gun, very eco friendly;)
tell that to atf if you get caught with it on your gun.

Depends on the State.......

·
Registered
470 Posts

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Um, depends on what state? State of mind? :D

Which law says no oil filters can be mounted on guns? :ltr: wac
believe it or not, they used to sell an adapter to mount a 2 liter coke bottle on a cobray, guess why they had to stop? yes a 2 liter coke bottle with a towel wrapped around it makes a very affective suppressor. doesn't matter what the suppressor is made of if it is a suppressor..... guns are my other hobby. tn gun club, 1911 forums, the high road, gun owners club. armslist member.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
believe it or not, they used to sell an adapter to mount a 2 liter coke bottle on a cobray, guess why they had to stop? yes a 2 liter coke bottle with a towel wrapped around it makes a very affective suppressor. doesn't matter what the suppressor is made of if it is a suppressor..... guns are my other hobby. tn gun club, 1911 forums, the high road, gun owners club. armslist member.
It makes sense. What about when a pillow is used? Does the criminal get an additional charge of having used a suppressor? :confused:

Btw, the 2 litter bottle must look ridiculous when screwed on a gun, further proof that some criminals have no sense of style. :D

·
Registered
470 Posts
It makes sense. What about when a pillow is used? Does the criminal get an additional charge of having used a suppressor? :confused:

Btw, the 2 litter bottle must look ridiculous when screwed on a gun, further proof that some criminals have no sense of style. :D
a pillow isn't attached:)
yes a 2 liter DOES look silly, but with the afore mentioned towel around it works.
if they had any sense, they wouldn't BE criminals!;)

·
Registered
470 Posts
by the way when did you go from super mod to admin?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
by the way when did you go from super mod to admin?
Awww crap! We don't have to call you sir now do we??? :ltr:

For what it's worth I think SuperMod has a better ring:p

BBob, I am worried now.... lol..

·
Premium Member
13,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here in AZ you can buy full auto machine guns, even a helicopter gun ship if you have the money and know how to fly the dang thing, you just need to fill out the proper paperwork.

I'm more recently into the little bitty pocket pistols from North American Arms in the .22 caliber. There is long rifle ammo available now from Aguila that goes 1750 fps velocity and mag ammo that goes 2200 fps. That is some serious penetration power coming from a gun so small it fits in a belt buckle and has a 5 shot capacity.

PS: Congrats on the Promotion CR!

·
Registered
470 Posts
same here in tn, you can even get the oil filter adapter and register it as a silencer, but its 200.00 and usually about 6 months of wait. everybody carries here with a permit or without. i carry one of the little nam 22mag pugs all the time and either a colt .45 defender, or s&w .38 or .357 most of the time along with it, depending on dress.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Not So

sorry but that filter mounted on the end of a functional gun is illegal in ANY state... in the usa.
Truth be known, suppressors are not illegal in all states. The Federal Govt does state that you must have the proper FFL to have one, and if you do, many if not most states are ok with that. I have several friends that have them. They are also popular in may European countries where they allow shooing sports to continue without having the noise.

·
Premium Member
13,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I like how people that incriminate their self by putting them self on Video committing the act.:ltr::ltr:
You mean they finally banned smoking and made it a criminal offense?

:D

PS: What did those guys in your sig line do to earn such illustrious respect?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts