Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of blacking everything out on my vegas 8-ball and am planning on doing the headlight, lowering links, and the plate holding on the speedometer. I haven't messed with it yet, but does the front of it just unscrew, or do you have to loosen the bolt on the back of it?
Thanks

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well i attempted to take off the speedo. You removed the back middle screw and it'll come apart. However the wires connected to the speedo are with phillips screws. Ok that would have been fine, but there were two wires that in no way were coming out. :mad:

·
Registered
94 Posts
speedo

itook mine apart a few months back from what i remember it was fairly easy. the wires you are talking about are the ones that just pull apart i assume?

·
Registered
94 Posts
it can be done i had mine apart in 3 pieces i just had to leave the ring around the face on the speedo the mounting bracket and back cover come off easily

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had it apart with the 3 pieces dangling. I wanted to black out the back plastic cover but there are 2 wires that are connected into the speedo itself that make it impossible to take that back shell off. I didn't want to start tugging on those wires and break something, and wasn't about to start removing the harnesses from the other side! :-o

·
Registered
94 Posts
valid point i guess but ne ways i looked at mine today and all the wires except for 2 are phillips screws the other two that he cant get off must be the bulb..... which just pulls out

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha well that's easy. I didn't want to pull on them too hard and have victory charge me 100$ to fix it. :-D I'll have to try it again and be victorious.

·
Registered
18 Posts
A few years back, I attempted to remove mine to do the same thing. During the process, and handling one of the wires, it shorted something out, so that the speedo would not read speeds. Had to have the dealer replace it at the tone of $250......just be careful when removing. I ended up having it blacked out when having my pipes installed.

Good luck

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am in the process of blacking everything out on my vegas 8-ball and am planning on doing the headlight, lowering links, and the plate holding on the speedometer. I haven't messed with it yet, but does the front of it just unscrew, or do you have to loosen the bolt on the back of it?
Thanks
I have a 07 vegas and blacked out the speedo, it comes apart real easy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts