Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have like a white wax residue on my black (powder coat?) engine finish. How do I get that off. I tried S100 engine brightener but it don't penetrate the wax, if that's what it is.

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
I use a spray oil, NOT wd40, just any lubricating spray

Attachments

·
Registered
12,321 Posts
It'll turn white.

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
Water
Displacement
40 times
And i believe wd40 has some evaporating chemicals in it, to it could dammige your paint

So wax is not water, and spray penetrate oil is half price ... it is oil that supposed to give a protective coating so until today it did no harm to my black paint ...

Also this is how i always get the dirt / sand out between the fins and radiator, etc every 6 months ...

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I have like a white wax residue on my black (powder coat?) engine finish. How do I get that off. I tried S100 engine brightener but it don't penetrate the wax, if that's what it is.
Believe it or not , S100 will turn white also if not thoroughly rinsed off with lots of water .... Especially in the sparkplug holes . I always use compressed air to blow off the entire engine after cleaning . GUNK Engine Brite is also excellent for cleaning the engine , simple green too .

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
Another vote for Simple Green. And it's biodegradable!

·
13,254 Posts
simple green you can get at walmart. What you pay for s100 you can get a half a gallon of simple green That does the same job.
Simple is made is WI

·
Premium Member
13,710 Posts
I like Simple Green followed up with Pig Spit after the surface is dry.

http://www.pigspit.com/product/385/

Key thing with Simple Green is to wet the surface, spray the Simple Green on, wait just a few minutes, then rinse really well. Blow dry if possible. Towel dry if not.

S100 works too as well as Back to Black.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts