Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I'm getting ready to pickup a new 2013 XC soon and am getting my list of accessories in order. My question for you all is about Victory's Upper Air Deflectors... http://www.purepolaris.com/en-us/Victory/Pages/Detail.aspx?ItemID=2878527(PolarisPGACatalog)&prevfitment="inmeta:Models~Victory+2013+Victory+Cross+Country®"
How well to these work for air management coming from under the front fairing? I'm not looking for the ultra smooth pocket that your get from the Tour, but a just wondering if these are worth adding.
Thank you,

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
From playing with them in hot and cold weather, I think they work well, and would recommend your buying them. Depending on angle, they definitely have an effect on buffeting or not, and airflow or not, and the price seems reasonable for that sort of thing.

Although I have a Tour, I've been riding it since day one with a Klock Werks Flare installed, i.e., without the tall stock windshield and its brackets. So, in that particular sense my XCT is more like an XC.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Whether you can use them or not depends on which XC you get. I think the Antifreeze green and Midnight metallic come with the forged bars. The upper air controls DO NOT work with the forged bars.

I switched from the forged bars to the hard lowers, never rode the bike with just the round bars, so I can't speak to how the airflow is in that configuration. I can say that with the upper air controls, you can direct air up toward you or block it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Like Bill I have the CCT. In my opinion the air deflectors work great. I can definitely feel a huge different in air flow when the deflectors are open vs closed.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Wind deflectors

I have the forged Bars and went with Cee Baileys deflectors. They are fantastic and they do the job perfectlythumb up

1 - 5 of 5 Posts