Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I have been looking to replace our '86 Gold Wing. We have looked at several bikes and have settled on a Cross Country Tour. Hope to purchase it next month. Wanting to learn as much as I can before be pick it up next month.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Welcome from CT. I traded in a 2002 GoldWing for my XCT, MUCH more comfortable for me. Took my wife a little getting used to, as that 02 GW back seat is like a recliner, but no complaints :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome from CT. I traded in a 2002 GoldWing for my XCT, MUCH more comfortable for me. Took my wife a little getting used to, as that 02 GW back seat is like a recliner, but no complaints :)
We have test ridden it three times to make sure. My wife likes the XCT better, of course we have a GL1200 right now so it is quite different. It is much for comfortable for me also. Can't wait to own it!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I was a lurker here for a LONG time before purchasing my Vic. There is a lot of knowledge in this forum. You can learn a lot from everyone here. Settle in and enjoy the reading. I too came off a Wing....there are a lot of us out there that have switched. I think you will be more than happy with the Tour. The comfort for me is hands down better than the Wing. My wife, however, is still not convinced. She loves the Wing, that's why I still have it. It spoiled her, I think. Hopefully, that will change.

She's actually talking about getting her own bike anyway, which would be a different experience for both of us. She wants her own bike because she says that she's tired of looking at the back of my head and for some reason....I "hog ALL of the air." :ltr: I guess that's her way of telling me that I need to shed a few pounds.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. Enjoy.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome to the forum! I was a lurker here for a LONG time before purchasing my Vic. There is a lot of knowledge in this forum. You can learn a lot from everyone here. Settle in and enjoy the reading. I too came off a Wing....there are a lot of us out there that have switched. I think you will be more than happy with the Tour. The comfort for me is hands down better than the Wing. My wife, however, is still not convinced. She loves the Wing, that's why I still have it. It spoiled her, I think. Hopefully, that will change.

She's actually talking about getting her own bike anyway, which would be a different experience for both of us. She wants her own bike because she says that she's tired of looking at the back of my head and for some reason....I "hog ALL of the air." :ltr: I guess that's her way of telling me that I need to shed a few pounds.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. Enjoy.
Thanks!
My wife said that she doesn't get as much air on the CCT, but she is okay with that. On the GL1200 she gets a lot of wind noise on her helmet, so she likes not having that to deal with, same for me. I was going to get a tall windshield for the Wing, but I am not going to spend the money on it now. And you are right, the Victory is much more comfortable for me, more leg room. My feet are not tucked under my knees.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts