Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy yall!
Just got my 2012 XC Saturday from Mancuso North in Houston thanks to Mike Murphy & Steve Hill! Weather was bad over the weekend but yesterday was beautiful once the fog lifted just in time to go to work. I had to take the long way to work to get in my first ride! The XC isn't as peppy as my Strat but a lot smoother ride, I'm glad I made the switch!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Nandark

Welcome to the Forum and congrats on the new ride.

There are a lot of great people here willing to help in any way possible.

Have a great time.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Nandark.
Welcome to the forum. Read a lot, search a lot and ask questions if you can't find answer. You can pretty much bet that if you have a question you will find the answer here!

Schlep,
Did you get cut off, run out of beer or lose the gazebo in a storm?!?

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Howdy yall!
Just got my 2012 XC Saturday from Mancuso North in Houston thanks to Mike Murphy & Steve Hill! Weather was bad over the weekend but yesterday was beautiful once the fog lifted just in time to go to work. I had to take the long way to work to get in my first ride! The XC isn't as peppy as my Strat but a lot smoother ride, I'm glad I made the switch!!
Welcome from Katy!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Nandark.
Welcome to the forum. Read a lot, search a lot and ask questions if you can't find answer. You can pretty much bet that if you have a question you will find the answer here!

Schlep,
Did you get cut off, run out of beer or lose the gazebo in a storm?!?
lol ammo no storm here just pacing myself :ltr:

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Schlep,
Just making sure all is good and pacing seems like a good idea. Posting at 2 AM is a little odd though!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I had no idea I was that popular or had fans. On the other hand maybe it's because I have stupid things to say...

Enjoy your beer!

·
Registered
12,151 Posts
Howdy yall! The XC isn't as peppy as my Strat but a lot smoother ride, I'm glad I made the switch!!
It takes a while to loosen 'er up, be patient and use proper break-in techniques. You especially want to vary the speed and revs and NEVER LUG IT. These engines seem to be pretty tight out of the box and will be great performers after a good break-in. Don't worry about the tranny either, it too will loosen and get smoother. Preloading the shift lever will definitely help. Oh, and welcome aboard, Mate! cheers

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the welcomes. Lots of useful info & I'm sure I'll be asking lots of questions and lots & lots of riding!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts