Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the Forum.

Looking at an '09 Kingpin & I have a few questions.
The description states that it's air & oil cooled.
How does that work, and will I encounter overheating problems on hot, humid days?

As you can tell in my Sig, I ride a lot. I am meticulous about upkeep, how many
miles have people got out of their bikes?

Are there any problems I should be aware of?
Here's a link to the bike.

2009 Victory Motorcycles KINGPIN for sale in Hartford, CT. New England Cycle Center Hartford, CT (860) 527-0822

I see it has lowers, but no windshield.

Do those look like stock handlebars?

TIA for your input,

RB.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW in the pic, I see the speedo, I assume the 2 other things are speakers(?).

What is the black oval thing in the middle?

I haven't seen the bike in person yet, prolly stop by tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Oil cooler

New to the Forum.

Looking at an '09 Kingpin & I have a few questions.
The description states that it's air & oil cooled.
How does that work, and will I encounter overheating problems on hot, humid days?

As you can tell in my Sig, I ride a lot. I am meticulous about upkeep, how many
miles have people got out of their bikes?

Are there any problems I should be aware of?
Here's a link to the bike.

2009 Victory Motorcycles KINGPIN for sale in Hartford, CT. New England Cycle Center Hartford, CT (860) 527-0822

I see it has lowers, but no windshield.

Do those look like stock handlebars?

TIA for your input,

RB.
The radiator is really an oil cooler. Air flows thru it and cools the oil. Can't help with the other questions. Good luck!

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
All air/oil cooling means is that, its air cooled engine, with oil running through and around the cylinders and heads for extra cooling. Some models have an additional oil cooling radiator(which this Kingpin seems to have) I believe the bars are not stock and it looks like the head light was changed out to the shield shaped light.

What I'd be most concerned about is not the bike but the dealership selling it.....I wouldn't give the buttholes at New England Cycle Center a dime of my business....

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Welcome from Naugy

·
Premium Member
6,146 Posts
The only thing I can help you with is the HEAT ISSUES with Victory's , there are non, ... Also there is a Tempeture cutoff switch... So if the bike would EVER overheat, then you just wait and later ride again...

As you understand V-Twin are not water-cooled (for victorys),

so the engine oil pump has a valve to the oil cooler and a small amount will go trough the oil cooler if needed, the old vics had a bigger oil cooler but the engine's did not reach operating temperature, so they made them smaller...

Please note I live next to the Equater, so it is kinda hot here...

Let us know what you decide and welcome to the nicest vic site...

Andre
TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
307 Posts
Heat

Welcome. Those guys that say don't buy from that dealer should say why (Not disagreein' and not sayin you should or shouldn't just sayin' why not?). As far as Heat I've ridden my Vision in triple digits in a friggin minivan caused traffic jam through Oak city without a hiccup so IMHO heat is not an issue. I've no idea what those black and chrome fangled things are but would like to.

Long may you ride.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Those guys that say don't buy from that dealer should say why (Not disagreein' and not sayin you should or shouldn't just sayin' why not?).
Not to be pigeon-holed as one of "those guys"...... New England Cycle Center has treated me poorly the few times I've been in there. NECC is the type of dealership that can't extended common courtesy to customers, which makes it no surprise that their service reputation sucks as well. They don't have a caring attitude or ethic so, I don't care to do business with them.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Not to be pigeon-holed as one of "those guys"...... New England Cycle Center has treated me poorly the few times I've been in there. NECC is the type of dealership that can't extended common courtesy to customers, which makes it no surprise that their service reputation sucks as well. They don't have a caring attitude or ethic so, I don't care to do business with them.
Reminds me of Libby's in New Haven. :p

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the input so far.

I'm gonna swing by today & take a look. Couldn't hurt.

Question: Are the valves self adjusting?

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Thanks for the input so far.

I'm gonna swing by today & take a look. Couldn't hurt.

Question: Are the valves self adjusting?
Yes all the freedom engines have hydraulic lifters.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Nice Pin ! The black thing in the middle is the stereo control and a speaker on each side of it .

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice Pin ! The black thing in the middle is the stereo control and a speaker on each side of it .
Thanks!

I was hoping it was the control for Warp Speed. :wink

·
Premium Member
8,836 Posts
Thanks!

I was hoping it was the control for Warp Speed. :wink
No....that's controlled by your right hand and left foot. :devil

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What are you using for oil, oil filters, & plugs

On my X, I use a Bosch filter, and also get my plugs at an Auto-Zone,
about 1/2 the price of the dealer.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
What are you using for oil
You're new here so I'll hold them off this time....but know, there are certain questions that MUST NEVER BE ASKED...

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
You're new here so I'll hold them off this time....but know, there are certain questions that MUST NEVER BE ASKED...

There is actually a dedicated oil section

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 20 of 40 Posts