Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll. I'm Jade, and I just bought an '09 Vegas 8-Ball. I added the stage 1 swept black exhaust, passenger pegs, seat, low pad, and the detachable mounts with a set of bags to it. I'll usually have it down to the bare bones, but when the wife is wife me or I'm making an overnighter I'll put the add ons on. This is my first "big boy" bike. I had a Suzuki Intruder 800 or so about ten years ago before the kids came along and we've been riding dirt for the past 5yrs. We just got to the point where we weren't able to get out with the kids hardly ever on the dirt. So we started looking at what we've always wanted. Started looking at the HDs and doing our comparisons and it just was a no brainer to get a Victory. It was hard to pull away from the "But it's not a Harley" mentality. But, I think we'll be happier in the long run.

So about us.....both grew up in Oklahoma, highschool sweethearts. Married young almost 13yrs ago. We have a 10yr old son and an 8yr old daughter. I've been enlisted in the Air Force as a meteorologist for about 10yrs now and Betsy, my wife, works as a histology tech in a lab at a hospital here in Omaha.

We're picking the bike up tomorrow. We can't wait for some warm weather! This Nebraska winter stuff is some serious BS! 50 degrees last week and then 2-4 inches of snow/rain/slush fell yesterday.

Does anybody have any recommended online places to buy gear?

·
Registered
173 Posts
pics, dude, we need pics!!!! and welcome to the world of Victory. can be an expensive little hobby. but what the hell your kids don't need to go to college right?:)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah man, I'll put some pics up soon. I just haven't picked it up from the dealer yet. Hopefully tomorrow, but the weather has been junk the last few days. I never went to college, and I turned out ok; I think! ;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thank you for your service...My son is on his first 6 years and is currently deployed. You are going to love your 8ball

·
Registered
243 Posts
congratulations,.... don't you have a pilot friend that could throw that bad boy in the back of some cargo plane, coming out to california to pick up some supplies and a short lay over ? or is that the old air force ? you got my permission, could log it in as one hell of a moral booster.
cheers

enjoy

steve

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Welcome from Texas and thank you for your service!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, here are some pics. I took it out for a bit yesterday, but we were still in the low 40s and there is a LOT of sand on the roads yet. This is one of the worst winters I've ever seen. I'm have to head down to Biloxi at the end of May for some training for about six weeks, and I'm thinking of making the trip on my bike. So, I guess my next add on will be a luggage rack. Any suggestions? After looking around and pricing some stuff I'm really wishing I had a torch, welder, and grinder. :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
great lookin bike, luggage rack, heck man you got them 2 bags, strap a bag, roll, whatever on top of the rear seat, you need more than that, pack it up and have the wife, buddy, girlfriend, boyfriend, minister, rabbi or ..... ship it to you

steve :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I was thinking about doing the shipping option too. I'm going down for the NCO Academy for six weeks so I'll have to have all my different uniforms with me. I think if I get one of the bigger bags that come with a roll I'll be good to go for space. I was wanting to put the bigger bag on the rack and strap the roll on the rear seat to lean back on. It's about a 1200 mile one way trip if I stop back through home in Oklahoma on the way down. I'm figuring three or four days.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts