Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey folks, new poster here. Presently saving for a vegas 8ball- hopefully by the end of summer. Currently ride a 2006 suzuki S50, it gets me back & forth to work and thru the hills & canyons on the weekends ok, but love the vics. One of my riding buds has a 2010 Vision, very interesting looking ride...

There is a dealer near me that has a 2010 vegas 8 ball with only 517 miles for 9 grand, seems like a good deal, but I am thinking I would be better off saving a bit more & getting a six speed...any thoughts?

Thanks...

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Welcome to the forum. 5 speed or 6 speed doesn't make much difference; 6th gear is really only good for long stretches of highway at or above 65mph.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome- I do 60 freeway miles a day going to work, and monthly rides down to San Deigo in addition to any fun rides on the weekends. I normally cruise the freeway at 80 mph when I can, I always find myself reaching for that sixth gear. I know the Vegas has twice the motor as my present ride, but I think I will be happier with the six speed.

I haven't yet test rode any Vics, kinda hesitant, don't want to get too excited about a new bike until I have the funds close to available. From everything I have read, if I test one I will want it. As it is I can't stop thinkin about it!

Anyway, glad I found this site, I haven't been able to read enough of it for the past week!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Like they say....ride one and you will want one!! I for one appreciate the top gear cog. Obviously if you are not riding on long stents it would not be as important to you than if you were boulevard cruisin. Best way to know is to get the 5 speed guys feedback to see if they could do it over again would they.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Like they say....ride one and you will want one!! I for one appreciate the top gear cog. Obviously if you are not riding on long stents it would not be as important to you than if you were boulevard cruisin. Best way to know is to get the 5 speed guys feedback to see if they could do it over again would they.
Thanks for the reply. So how about it folks? Anyone with 5 speed bikes that do mostly freeway riding long for that sixth gear?

Another question, is a 2010 vegas 8 ball with 500 miles a great deal at 9 grand?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I'm ridin a 04 TC and not quite sur the gear ratio compared to th 09 your lookin is at but I'm riding 50+ of 58 round trip hwy miles daily at 65/75 and 75 is about 3200/3300 rpm best my eye can see. Plenty left in it but my sweet spot seems to be about there. Gves me 85 all day long on my D.C. Trips Going to be looking for the OD pulley over next few weeks which from what I read will drop the rpm enough and give me the cruise speed I'm lookin for up to D.C. Keeping that 3200ish rpm.

If you want the gear ratio will post it when I get to work. Me, I will buy the 106 simply for the 6th when I upgrade one of these days. Just my thoughts.

Tim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts