Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any that you all recommend? Looking into purchasing a good lift for me bike. Obviously there are a ton out there, just not sure which ones are good or ****. Just want something to keep my bike nice and stable whilst up in the air.

Thanks!

·
Registered
263 Posts
I boght a J&S jack about 4 years ago for my Ultra and am now using it for my XCT. It works great! I can jack it up off the side stand, get it almost 2' in the air without tie downs and climb up on the bike. It is stable! I leave it stored on the jack in the garage and can roll it around out of the way. When I get ready to rid eit, I roll it out, let it down and it settles on the side stand without touching the bike. Best jack I've ever used by far. Since the victory motor sticks down below the frame, J&S supplies a couple of rubber spacers to use on the rear of the jack to make it sit level. It's expensive around $350 but worth it in my opinion.

·
Registered
301 Posts
harber fraight has a great full bike lift, dont buy the air value you dont need it. best to pick up yourself save fraight.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I boght a J&S jack about 4 years ago for my Ultra and am now using it for my XCT. It works great! I can jack it up off the side stand, get it almost 2' in the air without tie downs and climb up on the bike. It is stable! I leave it stored on the jack in the garage and can roll it around out of the way. When I get ready to rid eit, I roll it out, let it down and it settles on the side stand without touching the bike. Best jack I've ever used by far. Since the victory motor sticks down below the frame, J&S supplies a couple of rubber spacers to use on the rear of the jack to make it sit level. It's expensive around $350 but worth it in my opinion.
Perfect Bass, EXACTLY what I'm looking for. Something stable whilst in the air. See...I'm a bit of a clutz, and so are my kids (I would say it's genetic, but they're adopted. Maybe osmosis??) So I'd rather lessen the chance of accident while it's up. That is spendy, but I believe it's worth it.

harber fraight has a great full bike lift,
Ya not too keen on harbor freight. I've bought tools there before in a pinch and when I know I only need to use it once. Anything I get from them typically breaks after one or two uses. Maybe I'm the idiot and too hard on tools, regardless HB is not my friend. Thank you for the heads up though.

Thanks guys! I'll look into the J&S.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Go to their website and watch the video. http://www.jsjacks.com/

Also they are great folks to deal with and stand behind their product. they spent time on the phone with me when I asked them if it would work with the XCT, sent me the the rubber spacers to use with a diagram of where to put them and they stayed on the phone with me while I jacked the XCT up the first time. Great support and that jack is really made well. Very heavy but rolls around great with the T handle they make for it.

·
Registered
301 Posts
i can agree on a lot of tools from harber fraight beeing cheep, i bought my jack for around 350.00 4 years ago, between son and frends theres always someone cleaning and tinkering with bikes on it, good luck on your pick.thumb up

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Go to their website and watch the video. http://www.jsjacks.com/....
Get outta my head Bass! LOL. As soon as your first post, that's exactly what I did. I even emailed them as the Vegas wasn't on their list of compatible bikes. Already got a reply confirming that it was :).

Thanks again broseph!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Holy crap DT, how cool is that?!

don't even want to know how much those bad boys are.

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
I'm going to assume you are asking about ATV style jacks and not lift tables... and honestly, that $360 J&S jack doesn't look like it functions any differently than my $70 harbour freight jack, albeit a little higher capacity (1500lbs vs. 2000lbs).

If you have a Cross bike or Vision, keep in mind that you will be lifting by the motor as there are no frame rails. That means that unless you fabricate some sort of adapter, the bike will rock back and forth, and be far from stable! The best solution for these bikes is to purchase the Arlen Ness bash plate (or skid plate) that permanently mounts to the bottom of the engine, providing a nice flat surface by which to lift the bike. With the bash plate, any ATV lift can be used, and will be incredibly stable! Without it, be prepared to see your bike tumble off to one side unless it's strapped down.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow...so that's two votes for the HF jack. Hmm, might just have to check that out. I mean 70 vs 360.

If you have a Cross bike or Vision....
Nope, Vegas here. I've seen that Ness plate and am seriously considering that for reasons other than jacking it up. I did speak to J&S and they did confirm that theirs would work for a Vegas. I will look at the HF jack, but spending 360 for the J&S isn't too bothersome to secure my 12k bike. If I know anything about tools, it's that you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have the Harbor Freight Jack and I use it to lift multiple bikes including my Cross Country several times. I don't ever use it to store motorcycles but I have left a V-Rod on it for a couple of days before. It works perfectly fine for me. I agree that the XC can be a bit unstable while on a jack but you would have to really try to knock it over to get it to fall off the jack. And the HF jack has locations where you use some standard motorcycle tie downs to stabilize the bike against the jack. When you use the tie downs the bike is rock solid on the jack. Bikes with cradle frames have always been rock solid on the HF jack.

I agree with you guys that I don't usually like Harbor Frieght tools but I got this jack for $50 on a good sale. It's not going to be the quality of the jsjack I'm sure but it does the job for me. Just for reference I've been able to drop engines out of bikes, change multiple tires, etc with this HF jack and never had any problems so far. The biggest & heaviest bike that I've had on it so far has been the full bagger Rocket III (it's considerably heavier than the XC) and the jack didn't have any problems with that bike.

Just to be sure, I'm not reccomending against the higher price jack. If the money is not a big deal to you then I will always reccomend the higher quality product (I'm just assuming it's better quality). But the Harbor Freight jack has been serviceable for me. I'm not sure that I would store a bike on it long term (I would think a scissor lift jack would be better for that) but it hasn't let me down yet.

P.S. I just looked at the video for the JS jack and I would never try that with the Harbor Freight jack. The JS jack and the HF jack are basically the same things with the same features. Both have safety stops and stop bolts but the JS jack is just more polished. The HF jack doesn't look as "tight" as the JS jack but it still does basically the same job. Also, the HF jack doesn't go down as smoothly as the JS jack does in the video. And I would never crawl onto my bike while on the jack, but I wouldn't do that with the JS jack either. Like I said, the JS jack is probably a better jack, but it costs 5 times as much as the HF jack. Good look!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Looking for a jack, HF is out not gonna trust my XCT on cheap chinese jack (get what you pay for), PitBull cost well over $400, so J&S Jacks has my interest. Emailed J&S earlier to find out if there jack will lift XCT level, then found this thread. Seems J&S is the way for me to go. My '12 XCT has 9,600 miles on it now, E3 is wearing very thin. Will order new E3 and hopefully a J&S Jack before week is over.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Give them a call tomorrow. Really great folks to deal with. Be sure to tell them what bike you've got so they send the two rubber spacers and get the add on T handle. I've got mine on the jack right now changing out the stock exhaust for the D&D's. I've got the stock exhaust off and will put the new ones on tomorrow when I get the right length bolts. The ones D&D sent are too long.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I use the Torin Big Red Jack. It was relatively cheap at around $150 and does the job well. It's good up to 1,500 lbs.

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
I have a single post that can lift a 4 wheeler , 2 motor cycles, and lawn mowers. I bought it in 2000 and the company in Kansas city went out of business. I paid $1600 for it and is worth every penny.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Last night I ordered 180/60R 16 DUNLOP ELITE 3 TOURING RADIAL REAR TIRE from http://www.chaparral-racing.com/ for only $204 with shipping.

Called J&S Jacks this morning, ordered jack, includes proper shims/spacers and photo showing how to locate jack with shims under Cross Country, and a T-Handle. They will ship it Tuesday. They even gave me 5% off since I'm a military retiree!!!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Go to their website and watch the video. http://www.jsjacks.com/

Also they are great folks to deal with and stand behind their product. they spent time on the phone with me when I asked them if it would work with the XCT, sent me the the rubber spacers to use with a diagram of where to put them and they stayed on the phone with me while I jacked the XCT up the first time. Great support and that jack is really made well. Very heavy but rolls around great with the T handle they make for it.
They only list hammer, kingpin, and vision as compatible victorys. Will it work for a jackpot?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts