Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found a thread here with dyno charts comparing stock exhaust to a couple aftermarket brands, but has anyone got a chart comparing stock to the Victory Stage 1 set up?

I've read the Stage 1 is not much louder than stock, which I am fine with if it gives more power. I'm not wanting something as quiet as a Goldwing, but being able to accelerate hard without letting every LEO within a mile know about it, would be a good thing. (not that I would ever do that)

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
maybe I should just ask if anyone has a dyno chart after the Vic stage 1 installation. I can compare that to the stock chart I found.

The videos on youtube are too varied to be useful. If they were all made with the same camera, placed at the same distance and height from the exhaust tips, a comparison could be made, plus, the little speaker in my laptop has no base response.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I've found a thread here with dyno charts comparing stock exhaust to a couple aftermarket brands, but has anyone got a chart comparing stock to the Victory Stage 1 set up?

I've read the Stage 1 is not much louder than stock, which I am fine with if it gives more power. I'm not wanting something as quiet as a Goldwing, but being able to accelerate hard without letting every LEO within a mile know about it, would be a good thing. (not that I would ever do that)
If you go to Lloyds site he has dyno charts available for different engines and different mods...I think it is www.lloydzmotorworkz.com wac

·
Registered
383 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
not much mechanical here....but from what i have absorbed from the descriptions and my own "caclulations" on the dyno done on my XC...torque is the king and horsepower is just an abstraction....am i right on this? so these days i only look at torque at rpm...btw i have the az slammers / pc and they do rumble and bark....i love it...and the bike flies..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Stage 1

I have the Stage 1 on my CC. It helped it a little but not a whole lot. I don't know what the numbers are but my friend has a stock CC and I can pull away from him fairly easily. If I had it to do over I would have done something differently. I bought the bike new and had it put on before I left the shop. It is quiet though. Not too loud at all.

Good Luck,
J.Shoot

·
Registered
236 Posts
Its quite silly when I see so many people trying to increase power/tq on the XC..

Bottom line unless your going to bolt on a turbo or do a piston/cam/port-mill head....any results you get are minimal and trivial at best...you can not feel 5 rwhp or 10 ft/lbs tq...you will only see the difference at a drag strip where et/times are measured to the .000

Most everyone that puts on pipes thinks the new found noise/sound= power...sorry most of the time it does not...

The past 25 years I have tossed tens of thousands by a factory of 10 into drag racing and come to the realization that unless your at the strip...its meaningless to spend money on speed as all it equates to is the BSD club (big swinging D..K)

At present up the steet from me is a bikers bar...big brawley tough guys...many H/A show up through out the year along with other clubs and individuals who tossed big dollars into their bikes. I have lost count how many times they get towed from the lot, cant idle, wont accelerate due to having flat slides (a drag carb that morons try to run on the street because their engine builder is nothing more then a glorified dyno queen jockey) and to think earlier in the week several looked at my XC and said.."its not a Harley" "yup" was my responce...and where do you want me to start to prove to you that the Victory is a vastly superior bike to any Harley produced today...(thanks to watching that vid posted from Arizona Vic-the 5 part one) I rattled off facts and left these bald, beer gut, beard toting, tatoo clad, $10.00 fiberglass helmet wearing so called bikers with their mouths wide open....

The XC is a fantastic machine with bullet proof reliablity right off the showroom. Is it fast??? compared to a Harley.. yes, compared to a Honda 250, yes...compared to a busa or zx14??? its a slug...always will be regardless of how much money you toss into the bike. That being said its like the tortoise vs the hair....long after my zx14 or someone else on a liter bike has parked their bike so the rider may stretch their arms, back.....the XC will keep motoring right by for another few hundred miles in the same day.

Of course, its your money spend it how you see fit...
just my .02
Thanks, some great data here keep up the good work. I actually allow for a more creative comment as I'm a bit out og my deph but I will be checking back here for further updates.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Its quite silly when I see so many people trying to increase power/tq on the XC..
you can not feel 5 rwhp or 10 ft/lbs tq...you will only see the difference at a drag strip whernoise/sound= power...sorry most of the time it does not.e et/times are measured to the .000
I can absolutly feel 10 ft/lb at 3000 rpm . It maks a huge difference. Take 2 XCs same weight, same rider, same everything hit and on ramp shifting both bike at 3000 rpm. The bike with the extra 10ft/lbs will absolutlyt walk off from the other. Pulls grades and passengers better as well. Its silly for you to say that. If its silly to try and increase your HP and Torque there would be a hell of a lota people out work. Futhermore if you couldn't feel it, the perfromance aftermarket would have died a long, long, long tome ago.

·
Registered
236 Posts
LOL...if you shift at 3k...you would get walked by a stock XC and a rider who shifts at 5k....you proved my point...your not even using the power that the bike has from the factory. As for the aftermarket...there is more crap out there that claims to add 5 hp here, 10 hp there, 15...I have watched nothing short of suckers and fools buy all this crap and think they have added 5+10+15=30hp and they get smoked at the strip by a stock bike with a custom map made by someone who knows how to use a 250i with a loadcell...dont forget what PT Barnum said....

I can absolutly feel 10 ft/lb at 3000 rpm . It maks a huge difference. Take 2 XCs same weight, same rider, same everything hit and on ramp shifting both bike at 3000 rpm. The bike with the extra 10ft/lbs will absolutlyt walk off from the other. Pulls grades and passengers better as well. Its silly for you to say that. If its silly to try and increase your HP and Torque there would be a hell of a lota people out work. Futhermore if you couldn't feel it, the perfromance aftermarket would have died a long, long, long tome ago.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Not to jump into the argument, which is asinine at best, I would like to clarify the perception of HP vs Torque. First, they are one in the same in a manner of speaking. Short version is HP is Torque at a given RPM range. HP = Torque x RPM / 5252. So if a bike has 100 lb/ft of Torque at 5252 rpm, then that bike will have 100 HP at that rpm. Move the torque up or down the rpm range, the HP will go up or down accordingly without changing the torque one lb/ft. Cruiser riders say they want more torque when what they mean is they want more torque LOWER in the rpm range (than compared to say a crotch rocket). That is because the bikes are heavier and having the torque down low will mean increased acceleration from the line and in the lower rpm ranges these bikes operate at. Just throwing that out there.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Read what it says,shift both bikes at 3000rpm. the bike with 10 ft/lb torque will walk the other bike.. Or if you want WOT it will walk it there too. You keep using dragstrip terms and that has nothing to do with street driving. But for your info I've had 4 Busaa, 3 Zx14s, 2 Zx10, 1 CBR1000s and have dynod every one of them and seen the results for myself . Huge HP and torque differences. Why do you think there are millions upon millions of mods done every month. I guess theres a lot of suckers and fools out there. A closed mind is a wonderful thing to waist.

LOL...if you shift at 3k...you would get walked by a stock XC and a rider who shifts at 5k....you proved my point...your not even using the power that the bike has from the factory. As for the aftermarket...there is more crap out there that claims to add 5 hp here, 10 hp there, 15...I have watched nothing short of suckers and fools buy all this crap and think they have added 5+10+15=30hp and they get smoked at the strip by a stock bike with a custom map made by someone who knows how to use a 250i with a loadcell...dont forget what PT Barnum said....

·
Registered
183 Posts
LOL...i As for the aftermarket...there is more crap out there that claims to add 5 hp here, 10 hp there, 15...I have watched nothing short of suckers and fools buy all this crap and QUOTE]

Here is some more crap for you. My last HD went on the dyno made 66 HP. It came off making 119 HP.
My last Busa went on the dyno making 172HP came off making 194 HP. (GenII) I'm just a fool that loves buying all this crap that doesn't work, according to you.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Not to jump into the argument, which is asinine at best, I would like to clarify the perception of HP vs Torque. First, they are one in the same in a manner of speaking. Short version is HP is Torque at a given RPM range. HP = Torque x RPM / 5252. So if a bike has 100 lb/ft of Torque at 5252 rpm, then that bike will have 100 HP at that rpm. Move the torque up or down the rpm range, the HP will go up or down accordingly without changing the torque one lb/ft. Cruiser riders say they want more torque when what they mean is they want more torque LOWER in the rpm range (than compared to say a crotch rocket). That is because the bikes are heavier and having the torque down low will mean increased acceleration from the line and in the lower rpm ranges these bikes operate at. Just throwing that out there.
Here's another twist on that concept: My nearly stock Vulcan (2053cc and 145 TQ) could beat my son's ZX10. We would cruise side-by-side and both get into top gear at 25 mph. We'd go WOT at the blast of a horn and I would walk on him........for a while. That's a good demo of TQ vs HP!!
Another example is my ZO6. (600 TQ/600HP) The car will go from 0-200 in one gear....if you leave the line in 5th gear, which it'll do without too much struggle.(TopGear actually has a video of 0-175 in 5th) The very low rpm TQ gets it rolling and the HP will get it to 200 mph.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Here's another twist on that concept: My nearly stock Vulcan (2053cc and 145 TQ) could beat my son's ZX10. We would cruise side-by-side and both get into top gear at 25 mph. We'd go WOT at the blast of a horn and I would walk on him........for a while. That's a good demo of TQ vs HP!!
Another example is my ZO6. (600 TQ/600HP) The car will go from 0-200 in one gear....if you leave the line in 5th gear, which it'll do without too much struggle.(TopGear actually has a video of 0-175 in 5th) The very low rpm TQ gets it rolling and the HP will get it to 200 mph.
Good analogy. Torque is king. Miss my ZO6. Those thing s are incredible with a few mods. And still get 30 mpg on the interstate.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I agree! We're talking about 13-14% over stock. If you have a 400 hp car and mod it 13% to 452 hp, it's noticeable and it's a no contest race vs a 400 hp car.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Damn....Guess I musta wasted all that $$$ on aftermarket stuff. 12 flat with fairing, and bags in place. Hope I don't get beat by someone with a stock X bike
Me too! Guess you and I and millions of others are just suckers and fools as it was put. On a good night and there's too many stock bikes out , I'll just leave mine parked.:ltr:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts