Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a boy and a child and even a young man, one of my favorite forms of entertainment was time spent at the deer camp listening at night to the "stories" that were told. Usually this occured by a fire deep in the middle of nowhere and was a very informal event.

My dad was the king, and there just seemed to be a never ending supply. Most of the stories were "true", some not so much, and some you'd laugh, and a few would raise the hair on your arms and neck!

So, when you guys have a story, funny, sad, scary, strange, tragic, or any thing at all you want to share, please do. I know I have some good ones, but being the O F than I am, my memory needs a push every now and then. Hell, If you just want to recall a special moment, post those too. Never know who's memory you will jog.

Thanks, and let's have some fun. :grin

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, I'll start this out. I wanted to dovetail off of a mention made by @BurningBuckeye . One saturday, I was out and about (I believe junior year in High School) doing nothing in particular and came upon this rather large snake. It was harmless, I think, but anyway I caught it, and put it in a pillow case I had in the back of my 66 Mustang. Why did I have a pillowcase? I don't know, but I'm sure there's a story there, too. Might of had to do with one of my girlfriends, but, we'll wait on that one.
So, I have this snake in a sack, in my trunk and that night we were gathering with the "group" and going to the Thunderbird. Some of the locals will remember it. An old drive in theater in a not so great area of town. Lovingingly refered to as the Thunder Chicken. Anyway, we get set up at the show, coolers, beer, chairs, etc and having a great time. I have forgotten all about the snake until one of the guys says something about what we were doing earlier that day, and I remember.

So I start rooting around in the trunk and find the pillow case, but....it's open....and empty. Well, that gave all the guys there a project to hunt for the snake. Didn't take long for the ladies to catch wind of what was happening and soon us guys were alone and the girls went to the consession stand. Never did find the snake, had to do a lot of pleading and promising to the the women back, and I thought I might have to leave my girlfriend there. She wanted nothing to do with my 66 that night. (I'm just glad she didn't ask about the pillow case).

Things eventually settled down, but there sure wasn't much going to happen in that Mustang that night. She was too nervous to remove anything off her body. Kinda shot myself in the , uh, "foot" with that antic. Oh, well, there was always tomorrow night. :devil

1 - 2 of 2 Posts