Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the hunt for a Vegas 8-Ball. Been trying to capture all the changes over the years and was focusing on 100ci, but I have ran across a 2005 92ci with 60k miles for $4500 and can maybe offer less.

Is there any knocks on the earlier 92 vs 100? It has some more miles but if maintenance was done and price is right, I can deal with that.

Also found an 09 for $8k.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
So what do you know about a job like that? Can it be done without removing the engine? Is it basically the same jugs from a later model 100ci Vic?

I don't really need the extra 8ci, but the job, I would get a new top end, and would be cool and good learning experience.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I did mine a couple years ago. I did remove the motor to do it. You could do the whole thing in a weekend.
As far as whether the 92ci is as good as the 100ci and 106ci motors, I have read that the 92 Freedom motor is probably the best of them all.
I have 47,000 on mine so far, 23,000 since I installed the big bore kit. These motors seem to be bullet proof, damn near. There are quite a few people with well over 100,000 miles on a Vic motor.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did mine a couple years ago. I did remove the motor to do it. You could do the whole thing in a weekend.
As far as whether the 92ci is as good as the 100ci and 106ci motors, I have read that the 92 Freedom motor is probably the best of them all.
I have 47,000 on mine so far, 23,000 since I installed the big bore kit. These motors seem to be bullet proof, damn near. There are quite a few people with well over 100,000 miles on a Vic motor.
Well after looking at the pics from install, the jugs are not the same from the outside as the standard factory 100.

I am trying to get a hold of the seller to check that thing out. 60k with good maintenance and one owner and I may buy it. 60k and they don't know much about the history, I may pass.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts