1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
For a quieter Vancouver, eh? I loved the comment someone wrote, saying they'd rather listen to a loud motorcycle going by for five seconds, that his neighbour mowing his lawn for an hour every week.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
For a quieter Vancouver, eh? I loved the comment someone wrote, saying they'd rather listen to a loud motorcycle going by for five seconds, that his neighbour mowing his lawn for an hour every week.
Who has a lawn in Vancouver?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Who has a lawn in Vancouver?
Not sure which Vancouver you're referring to but we're talking Vancouver, BC, Canada here .... frikken near everyone has a lawn and it's rare that it isn't green and visible all year round (no snow).

EDIT: "everyone" excluding those in highrise apartments.

Many townhouse complexes and a lot of condo buildings have lawns.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
And Ma Nature provides the irrigation. What a deal!

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Not sure which Vancouver you're referring to but we're talking Vancouver, BC, Canada here .... frikken near everyone has a lawn and it's rare that it isn't green and visible all year round (no snow).

EDIT: "everyone" excluding those in highrise apartments.

Many townhouse complexes and a lot of condo buildings have lawns.
Must be some suburbs out there somewhere. Only grass I see until I get way out of the city is in Stanley Park. (okay, besides the "coffee shops").

In lieu of grass, psychotic drug addicts are a nice distraction.

And fret not, BC is my favorite place on our planet. :)

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Must be some suburbs out there somewhere. Only grass I see until I get way out of the city is in Stanley Park. (okay, besides the "coffee shops").

In lieu of grass, psychotic drug addicts are a nice distraction.

And fret not, BC is my favorite place on our planet. :)
ahhhhhh.. so your experience must be the City core. Heck, you don't have to go as far as Stanley Park (West) ... pretty much any location East of the Georgia viaduct or South of Burrard or Granville bridges and there's lots of grass.

As for the psychos, just stand on any corner in the city core and you will see more than you can imagine and some of them will even try and befriend you in hopes of getting money, smokes, or food.

I work in the heart of the city and most of them know me now and don't bother me coz they know what words come out of my mouth LMAO! But it's entertaining watching them as they go after the tourists, etc.

"hi! Are you Canadian? ... I'm not from here and I was wondering if... blah blah blah"

or "hi! ... I'm an ozzie and I just landed last night and they lost all my luggage and I got mugged for my wallet .... blah blah blah" ... this same guy has been working that scam for at least 7 years.

Oh yeah ... and the suburbs... google Vancouver, BC and take a look ... the 'burbs are the major part of the area and each one is as big or bigger than Vancouver proper, Burnaby (where I live) being one of them, which is a city itself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts