Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded a 2009 Yamaha vstar 650 for this beast about a year ago and I love it. My only complaint is that the rear tire is a little small. I have a lot of plans for this bike once I get back from my deployment, but it will be slow going. As far as current mods go, I've only put some yellow underglow on it.

I don't have very many pictures, but there will be more when i return.

oh, and sorry for the massive photo (if it worked)

·
Administrator
5,973 Posts
I traded a 2009 Yamaha vstar 650 for this beast about a year ago and I love it. My only complaint is that the rear tire is a little small. I have a lot of plans for this bike once I get back from my deployment, but it will be slow going. As far as current mods go, I've only put some yellow underglow on it.

I don't have very many pictures, but there will be more when i return.
Congrats and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate it.

Also, my future plans-
45 degree rake kit
300mm rear tire
ground pounder exhaust

not for sure on repaint or big bore kit/stroker.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Welcome aboard , and ..... Start saving !thumb up

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
nice bike

welcome, i have a 13 hamme but think the early models look the best! i test rode an 08 premium with 1350 miles on it looking NEW at a car dealer in berwick i loved it but wanted to trade my 06 sporty so we could not deal. cornering was poor with a dunlop 240 on it, my 250 that tire was revised i am told made the 13 handle lots better, good luck!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
welcome, i have a 13 hamme but think the early models look the best! i test rode an 08 premium with 1350 miles on it looking NEW at a car dealer in berwick i loved it but wanted to trade my 06 sporty so we could not deal. cornering was poor with a dunlop 240 on it, my 250 that tire was revised i am told made the 13 handle lots better, good luck!
I'll trade you. lol.

I personally think the newer Vic's look absolutely stunning. My only true complaint is that victory is only making the hammer in the 8 ball package (or color scheme) now... why??? All the crazy colors are what a LOT of people love or at least notice, you know? Hence why I decided to buy this bright yellow hammer vs a vegas 8 ball.

So what made you buy the '13 if you like the older models?

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
finding a VIC-trading a Sportster

as i said i love the earlier model hammer, find one on the other hand is another thing, getting a decent trade in adds to the issue. if that 08 at penn motors in berwick car dealer would have traded that would have been my bike, it was listed as an S and vin verified this but looks as a premium, its BEAUTIFUL although the curved noisemakers-exhaust- would go. i was still lookin on line for a deal within 100 miles, seen my 13 at a harley dealer, bottom line just under $5000 and my 06 sportster, it had 8xx miles on it with the cobra dealer pipe kit with download, test ride + i was writing a check + handing my sportster title over, here's a pic
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok I gotcha. I wonder why they weren't willing to give you what you wanted for that harley. That is a beautiful hammer (but I agree on the exhaust. I've never been a fan of 2-1 exhaust).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Rodhotter,
I have a 07 Hammer, with only 10k miles on it, with a ton of mods that I'm looking to sell. I live in Southern Maryland. It's silver with blue 09 Hammer S wheels. Give me your email or cell and I will send you some pics. I'm looking for $10k.

Todd

·
Registered
536 Posts
nice score HVAC!
I have the same one as you!
best decision I ever made to go with the hammer. Although if I knew I was going to be taking a job 45 miles from home, I probably would have looked for something a little more comfy for longer rides but I just can't stop smiling when riding the hammer back and forth to work all riding season...cheers

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Put a bandit or touring seat on it , for all day comfort !thumb up

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
trade in

[/URL][/IMG]a lot depends on where your dealing, at penn motors a car dealer he just did not want another bike at the end of riding season, money laying there until summer! being a small operation. trading on a $7700 bonneville i bought earlier is tough also, unless its at a multiple dealership. i had $5900 in documented xtras on the 06 sportster, the harley dealer knew what he was lookin at, prolly why i got such a good deal and he prolly DID NOT want the HAMMER distracting potential buyers toward Victory, as i said earlier i test rode a not so super 13 superglide, local dealer rolled it out of the showroom, good lookin bike but rode and performed as bad as my stock 06 sportster that i did not test ride, same poor suspension + brakes, just did not "feel" good! hammer's were improved thru the years its said and my 13 "felt" better than the better lookin 08 i rode, was it just the tires, i am not sure. i just know i really enjoy my 13 hammer, penske shock smoothed the ride a lot + hope the sportier pirelli night dragons i have waiting do the same. its snowing again and a long winter and do not think i can resist installing them even with only 2,000 miles on my stock like new OE dunlops. happy + healthy holidays to all

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got back a few weeks ago and got some work done on it. Next on the list is a 300mm rear tire.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts