Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Want to avoid that clutch cable breaking? No more adjusting that clutch cable?

Simple solution.

You Victory dealer can order you the hydraulic clutch kit for the Victory Vegas/Jackpot. This kit fits the Cross Country and Cross Country Tour. It is an easy install that will only take about 30 to 45 minutes from start to finish.

Instead of running the hydraulic line down the right side of the frame like the clutch cable is you run the hydraulic line down the left side of the frame tucking the hydraulic line into the same harness tabs that contain the wiring harness under the fuel tank on the left side of the frame. The hydraulic line is the perfect length.

The slave cylinder fits into the same bracket that the clutch cable uses on top of the transmission.

This will also bring your left side mirror to the same height as your right side mirror.

This kit costs 399 dollars and your local Victory dealer can order it for you.

When you bleed the system you only need to let it gravity bleed for a couple of minutes, just make sure the slave cylinder is connected to the bracket and the clutch arm. Do not try to bleed it before the slave cylinder is correctly installed. This allows the air to bleed out of the system. It is very easy to do. You will use DOT 4 brake fluid.

Attachments

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Did you know that Witchdoctors is ordering them straight from Polaris and they are a Pure Polaris part?

Yeah that's what I thought.

So for the same money you support your local dealer.
Did you know local dealers have nothing in stock, and like to order the wrong parts or incomplete kits quite often? Support your local hookers for all I care. cheers

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Did you know local dealers have nothing in stock, and like to order the wrong parts or incomplete kits quite often? Support your local hookers for all I care. cheers
What is the difference if I order that Pure Polaris hydraulic clutch kit and yes it comes as a pre packaged kit from Polaris, from witchdoctors or the local dealer? I pay the same price either way.

Maybe you hate supporting your local economy but I rather like to support the businesses in my home town and my state when ever possible.

By the way I love how you turned this into another witchdoctor thread. The hydraulic clutch kit he is selling is the same kit from Polaris and is a Pure Polaris part that your own dealer can get you for the same price.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
is there a problem with the clutch cable breaking on the cross country tours like the older kingpins.
No, there isn't. But a hydraulic clutch will always have a smoother feel. Cable's ok, just not as nice as the hydraulic feel.

...Maybe you hate supporting your local economy but I rather like to support the businesses in my home town and my state when ever possible...
No, I don't hate supporting the economy, and yes there are excellent Vic dealers out there too. But I do appreciate having options when it comes to making a purchase.

...By the way I love how you turned this into another witchdoctor thread...
I couldn't help it. You've got me conditioned to associate "Victory 1" with witchdoc bashing from your previous posts. ;)

·
Registered
39 Posts
There's probably one of these in my future if mine breaks again. Doesn't take many $100 cables and aggravation to make up the cost.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There's probably one of these in my future if mine breaks again. Doesn't take many $100 cables and aggravation to make up the cost.
I highly recommend it. It is a Pure Polaris kit so everything fits and works great. Don't wait for your clutch cable to break go ahead and plan to get this sooner rather than later.

I installed this kit on mine the first week I had the bike. I now have over 12,000 miles on it and do not have to worry about adjusting the clutch or worry about a clutch cable breaking during a ride or at an inopportune time.

The install is simple and straight forward and worth it.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
is there a problem with the clutch cable breaking on the cross country tours like the older kingpins.
Actually there have been a few reports of people who have had their clutch cable fail and break on them.

This Pure Polaris hydraulic clutch kit eliminates the clutch cable and clutch adjustments. That in of itself should be reason enough to upgrade.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Want to avoid that clutch cable breaking? No more adjusting that clutch cable?

Simple solution.

You Victory dealer can order you the hydraulic clutch kit for the Victory Vegas/Jackpot. This kit fits the Cross Country and Cross Country Tour. It is an easy install that will only take about 30 to 45 minutes from start to finish.

Instead of running the hydraulic line down the right side of the frame like the clutch cable is you run the hydraulic line down the left side of the frame tucking the hydraulic line into the same harness tabs that contain the wiring harness under the fuel tank on the left side of the frame. The hydraulic line is the perfect length.

The slave cylinder fits into the same bracket that the clutch cable uses on top of the transmission.

This will also bring your left side mirror to the same height as your right side mirror.

This kit costs 399 dollars and your local Victory dealer can order it for you.

When you bleed the system you only need to let it gravity bleed for a couple of minutes, just make sure the slave cylinder is connected to the bracket and the clutch arm. Do not try to bleed it before the slave cylinder is correctly installed. This allows the air to bleed out of the system. It is very easy to do. You will use DOT 4 brake fluid.
Very cool
Hard to see what's going on in those pics .... Your bike is too clean and shinny...lol

Glad you posted this..

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
I ordered the Sav-Ur-Ride emergency clutch cable tonight. If I ever have to use it, I'll order the Victory hydraulic kit the next business day. I'll get mine from Randy's Cycle in Marengo, IL thank you very much.

I really appreciate their dealership and I choose to support them at every opportunity.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I would support my Local Dealer if;
He had the knowledge
Had the parts
Would stand behind the parts

Often small specilized businesses do a much better job supporting their markets as they have seen or delt with more issues and are motovated to seak a solution without the restriction of a large corporation.

Thanks Jon.

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
I would support my Local Dealer if;
He had the knowledge
Had the parts
Would stand behind the parts

Often small specilized businesses do a much better job supporting their markets as they have seen or delt with more issues and are motovated to seak a solution without the restriction of a large corporation.

Thanks Jon.

So support my local dealer. They have the knowledge, they very likely have the items in stock, they'll stand behind what they do and they'll certainly treat you right.

www.randyscycle.com

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Parts is parts

I would be happy to support my local dealer. I live in the middle between two. But I guess I've been jaded and indoctrinated from years of attempting to shop at my local HD dealers only to be charged an overinflated price and we have to order it. So I've gotten quite used to, and happily, shopping via internet and it shows up at my door. I would gladly shop local and even pay a little more if I could get the quality, service and attention that I receive from most online retailers.

·
Registered
454 Posts
The only problem that I ever had with my Harley was the hydraulic clutch, had it vapor lock for no known reason, simple enough to fix but at the time I had no idea as to where the problem was, don't want another one just yet

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
The only problem that I ever had with my Harley was the hydraulic clutch, had it vapor lock for no known reason, simple enough to fix but at the time I had no idea as to where the problem was, don't want another one just yet
Never heard of this. So whaddya do, turn an aersol can upside down and spray it on the line to cool it or what?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Never heard of this. So whaddya do, turn an aersol can upside down and spray it on the line to cool it or what?
According to the indy shop all they did was bleed the system, vapor lock was all that they could come up with, everything worked (as far as shifting) but once I stopped the clutch would not dis-engage, thus stalling the engine. I could get it started back in Neutral, but no clutch to shift to first gear, Quite a pain in the but to get back rolling, and I bet very hard on the tranny, but just happened I saw the shop on a previous ride and rolled in.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts