Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nope not the same how does this work, or will it fit, or how do I...

Burned up me Clutch recently, separate post, repairing with Barnett components.

After a short conversation with KMC ( Kyle) he noted that there should be about 1/8 inch of free play when the clutch is released.

When I installed mine initially there was no free play. My thinking and what KMC has found the Hydraulic upgrades might need some adjustment to get the free play.

How is this done on a Hydraulic clutch? simple the mounting bracket on the transmission might need to be bent to obtain the free play when the clutch is released.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
just got mine installed yesterday .have to check that.
thank you!

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
I believe I incountered the same problem . I installed the hydraulic clutch on my bike last year and now it's slipping . I made an appointment to take it to Lloydz this month and will have the new plates and His pressure plate installed as well .
I will ask him if there anything I did wrong in the install. I purchased mine from WD and did the install down the left side of the frame.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
After a short conversation with KMC ( Kyle) he noted that there should be about 1/8 inch of free play when the clutch is released.

most likely why yours burned up im assuming ?

personally ive had to much trouble with hyd clutches on multiple vehicles , incuding motorcycles to ever want one on my bike.

good thing this was caught, hopefully it keeps your new clutch going much longer!!

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
most likely why yours burned up im assuming ?

personally ive had to much trouble with hyd clutches on multiple vehicles , incuding motorcycles to ever want one on my bike.

good thing this was caught, hopefully it keeps your new clutch going much longer!!

And, on the other side of that coin, my last 14 years worth of motorcycles had hydraulic clutches, and zero problems.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
my old chevy pickup had hyd clutch, fought with it all the time, my current winter car has a hyd clutch, been acting up for some time, if its warm out and it sits at idle for any period of time, i lose the clutch , one of my previous bikes was a honda 550 with hyd clutch, every spring it had, and continues to have troubles, if it sits for more then a couple weeks it has issues. so for me if it comes down to me buying a liquid cooled bike it may as well have a hyd clutch too. haha

·
13,254 Posts
on my vision when I start it up there might be a very very small amount of play before I can feel the clutch plates grab.
I have never read where any of the vision have a failure do to the hydraulic. There are plenty vision with over 70 thousand miles and no clutch problems

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just to clear the air, Maybe I need to be a little clearer with my description.

The problem was not the Hydraulic clutch, the problem was the aftermarket install to a bracket that is designed for a cable. Ma Vic doesn't need to be very accuarte in this shape because it is adjustable via the cable end.

Installing an none adjustable slave cylinder, NOTE: there should be some play in the clutch arm when released. Mine effectivly road the clutch just a bit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts