Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to purchase a hydraulic lift/jack, said lift/jack will need to be used as a means of storage as well as for service. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
6,295 Posts
So no motorcycle table ??

For storage why not a spindle jack ?? Safe and sollid ...

·
Registered
471 Posts
You can't go wrong with a J&S jack, rock solid

·
13,299 Posts
I'm looking to purchase a hydraulic lift/jack, said lift/jack will need to be used as a means of storage as well as for service. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
you need to say what model bike you have, year doesn't hurt.
all jacks are about the same the main thing is how smooth is your floor. The jack wheels will catch every little flaw in your floor. Don't forget to loosen all blots before jacking bike up.

Its to bad the wheels or base of the jacks are not wider for greater stability

·
Registered
257 Posts
you need to say what model bike you have, year doesn't hurt.
all jacks are about the same the main thing is how smooth is your floor. The jack wheels will catch every little flaw in your floor. Don't forget to loosen all blots before jacking bike up.

Its to bad the wheels or base of the jacks are not wider for greater stability
That is why I have a J&S jack. It is several inches wider than most other jacks sold.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You're right, year and model go a long way.:smiley:
2015 Magnum

Everyone has been raving about the J&S jack and everything I've read has been all positive so I'm leaning that way.

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
the video link 53canuck posted is excellent! It answered every question I ever had about the differences between these known brands and models.

Thank you 53canuck

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
table lift for sure!!!

if it fits your budget + you have the room a lift table KIT is a lifetime smart investment IMO. many kits are similar but for about 1G you get it all!!

·
Super Moderator
6,400 Posts
Very nice setup rodhotter. I bet it makes any maintenance/work much easier.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
thanks

i enjoy doing my own work as well as the savings! those dealer visits will quickly pay for a table lift kit. the NH pro 1200 was the best deal i seen, the 12" extensions, one installed in black allow me to safely set the side stand down until its in the wheel vice, then easily remove to work. 2' wide main table + a pair of 1' extensions, jack, wheel vice, + rear roller-drop panel all included, air-hydraulic powered, i love it!!

·
Super Moderator
6,400 Posts
I'd go in on a lift table, I just don't have the room. Floor lift will have to do for me...until I hit the lottery lol

·
13,299 Posts
lift tables are great. But always tie the bike down you never know.
Use the lock bar all so.
I didn't use mine one time came out in morning and table was on the ground. Thanks there was nothing under table to tip bike off

·
Super Moderator
6,400 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Quick story, my friend brought his new BMW into the dealer for the thousand mile service. He gets a call at work, there was a bike on the lift table next to his bike. Yup, the bike on the lift table fell off the lift onto his bike. The dealer was decent about it and loaned him a new R1200 for the month it took to make repairs.
Every lift has its limitations.

·
13,299 Posts
A friend parks his 4x4 truck on top of his lift. It clears by 1" an 1/2 it looks like. No it doesn't clear the tire vice

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
i have a quality dunwell jack but a decent lift table is far safer IMO!! sheet happens but usually by an error or just not taking the time to do it right. i spent the xtra for the kit as i work alone, a 4' wide platform is added security + once in the wheel lock the bike is solid!!

·
Premium Member
6,295 Posts
350 ??? Now that is GOOD mate, no problem fixing things on it ... As long as the structure holds up ... I paid 850 for my table and still no problems (yet)

Reactions: David P
1 - 20 of 38 Posts