Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been watching some YouTube clips on hydro dipping and it looks pretty awesome. Does anyone here have experience with the process? Do you like it? What did you do? How has the durability been? I am thinking about getting the inner fairing, headlight bezel, taillight bezel and maybe center of the chin spoiler done while I have her laid up for a stereo upgrade. Thanks for the input cheers

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I have been watching some YouTube clips on hydro dipping and it looks pretty awesome. Does anyone here have experience with the process? Do you like it? What did you do? How has the durability been? I am thinking about getting the inner fairing, headlight bezel, taillight bezel and maybe center of the chin spoiler done while I have her laid up for a stereo upgrade. Thanks for the input cheers

I've been researching the idea of it, I watched a demonstration at a show recently and like the idea other than some really hideous graphic that I've seen applied. I talked to the guy and he said it is at least as durable as paint, no less. There just happens to be a guy that does it 20 mins from my place, maybe I should pay him a visit....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Luna- I have ashop as well about a half hour away and have talked to them already. I plan on visiting them Friday @ CPCPOWDERCOATING.COM near Joliet, IL.
Dent- checked out that link. Looks like good folks and lots of m/c work.

I think I am gonna pull the trigger and give this a try. Too much plastic that I can't powder coat to get the look I am going for but I think some powder and some type of carbon fiber look dipped pieces will look awesome on the black XC. The shop is telling me a 2 to 4 week turn around depending on their other orders. I can't wait to post pix but won't be for a month.

'13 Black XC
Lloydz Cams and Intake
Bassani 2>1
PC-V
TVS Tuned

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Big- Black Magic on a black XC...sounds like best for me destiny
'13 Black XC
Lloydz Cams and Intake
Bassani 2>1
PC-V
TVS Tuned

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I finally got my parts hydro dipped and really like it! First, if you are in the Chicagoland area DO NOT USE CPC POWDER COATINGS. RE AD YUE GOOGLE REVIEWS AND BELIEVE THEM. THEY MAKE PROMISE AFTER PROMISE ABOUT DELIVERY AND BREAK THE PROMISE. HOWEVER, I HAD A GREAT EXPERIENCE WITH Elite Custom Coatings near Raleigh as I have now moved to NC. Awesome people and delivered ahead of schedule. I did a carbon fiber with gloss black base for most of my pieces and 'reaper' skulls for the center of the chin spoiler. What do you think? I will update after a few thousand miles about durability.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,326 Posts
The only downside to this I've heard of read is if it stays out in the sun full time. Then it can fade to the point of maybe wishing it was not applied.

Most folks garage their bikes so this should not be an issue for most but it is worth being aware of. thumb up

·
Registered
535 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts