Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone asked me to post a vid of what the Hyper Lites look like in the middle of the day.
Here you are! If these don't get their attention, I don't know what will.

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
Looks like you placed them under the turn sig arms as I did . At a stop, I watch for cars coming up on my rear and apply the brakes and flash them.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
1) Nice vid -- thanks!

2) Those attached via two-sided sticky tape?

3) As long as we're here, any tips, hints, suggestions, etc., regarding connecting to the factory wiring?

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
Yes, they mount with hellatiously strong two-sided tape. Under the signal arms is a great spot cuz there is a hole under there that the wires can be passed through on their way to under the fender and that location makes them virtually invisible until they are on.
Order them to be running lights plus flash when the brakes go on.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Yes, they mount with hellatiously strong two-sided tape. Under the signal arms is a great spot cuz there is a hole under there that the wires can be passed through on their way to under the fender and that location makes them virtually invisible until they are on.
Order them to be running lights plus flash when the brakes go on.
Thanks for the suggestions, Ric. Couple of followup questions for you guys:

1) You think the 16-LEDs (vs. 8) per side is overkill, or worth the $20 upgrade ($93.95 vs. $73.95 -- I'm looking at http://www.hyperlites.com/stdsf.html )?

2) Even though I've never taken the trunk off of my XCT, I suppose it would be a good idea not to mess with the wiring that's permanently attached to the trunk. With that in mind -- and it looks like this is the case with broggyr -- did you tap into the wiring before it gets to the trunk plug-in? Where, and what wires, if you remember?

Thanks.

[Edit: I just went out and found those openings underneath the turn-signal brackets. Never knew they existed!]

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
The 8 LED units are sufficient. They are very bright, especially when in brake mode. Yes, the 16s would be overkill.

There's a place under the rear fender where all the lighting wires come together. That's where I tapped into.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't get the 16'ers because I didn't think they would fit on the turn signals. As for wiring, I tapped into the wire harness under the rear fender. I gently pulled out from the top of the fender (after removing the seat) and tapped into the correct wires. I forget which ones they are now, but I found them in the service manual. I can put on and take off my trunk with no interference from the Hyper Lites.

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
A test light can help with determining which wires to use, in case you don't have the manual.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And if you have a cross bike, let me know and I can look up the wires for you. I do have a service manual.

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
Hey Broggy, why don't we just meet up at Bill's and do it for him while he grills the steaks? Make my beers dark ones Bill.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Between the two of us, we could probably bang this out in a couple of weeks. Lol

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks like you placed them under the turn sig arms as I did . At a stop, I watch for cars coming up on my rear and apply the brakes and flash them.
I do the same thing. It's an old habit from before my bikes had flashing lights on them.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
That fast?!?

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
The 8 LED units are sufficient. They are very bright, especially when in brake mode. Yes, the 16s would be overkill.

There's a place under the rear fender where all the lighting wires come together. That's where I tapped into.
Thanks, Ric.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I didn't get the 16'ers because I didn't think they would fit on the turn signals. As for wiring, I tapped into the wire harness under the rear fender. I gently pulled out from the top of the fender (after removing the seat) and tapped into the correct wires. I forget which ones they are now, but I found them in the service manual. I can put on and take off my trunk with no interference from the Hyper Lites.
Thanks, broggyr.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Hey Broggy, why don't we just meet up at Bill's and do it for him while he grills the steaks? Make my beers dark ones Bill.
Actually, broggyr's about two hours from me. Let me know a week or so after you start out, and we can meet at my house.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
234 Posts
The rear brake power color is pink and white

1 - 20 of 24 Posts