Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone has installed hyper-lites---did they run into any difficulties or problems? I'm getting ready to put them on my 07 Kinpin Tour

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
Was wondering if anyone has installed hyper-lites---did they run into any difficulties or problems? I'm getting ready to put them on my 07 Kinpin Tour
I have them on my XR. Install was simple except for having to lie on floor and work under rear fender. Wife stood by to hand me things so I didn't have to get up and down so often. Photo shows Hyper-Lites fastened to undersides of signal arms.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hyper-lites

thanks for the quick reply--am planning on trying the instal tonight--are you glad you bought them?

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
thanks for the quick reply--am planning on trying the instal tonight--are you glad you bought them?
Definitely. Just one light on the back of any vehicle is asking for trouble as it does not give following drivers anything to triangulate on for distance reference. About 20% of women and a lesser % of men have an eye condition that prevents them from determining the distance of a red light from them at night. I was married to one such woman and she told me a red light could be 30' or 300' away as it had the same intensity. Back in the late 70s, two local riders, in separate incidents, had women drivers hit them from the rear while on rural Interstate at night. Both were killed. I immediately installed a Priority Light on every bike since then. Since that won't work on my XR, I installed the Hyper-Lites instead.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
If you look at the back of you saddlebag mounts on the Cross bikes they are bent 90 degrees and are flat across the back. You could mount the lights to them and have more light that is less obvious.

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
If you look at the back of you saddlebag mounts on the Cross bikes they are bent 90 degrees and are flat across the back. You could mount the lights to them and have more light that is less obvious.
If you were to walk around my bike you absolutely would not see my Hyper-Lites as they are shrouded by the signal arms. I originally considered the location you mentioned, but decided they would be too concealed, thus rendered ineffective. In the meantime, I had installed a J&M CB intercom and the antenna mount would hide the light behind it. There is a convenient hole at the joint in the arm into which I passed the wire directly to the inside of the rear fender, making for a very sanitary install. cheers

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
It makes sense to mount the antenna there; the mounts looks like there should be some sort of option that can be mounted on them.

I see what you mean; using the bags mount would set the lights far enough in between the bags and the fender that you would only see them if you were looking directly behind the bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts