Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the pleasure of buying my Gunner two days ago! I had a truly great buying experience at Chesapeake Cycles in Annapolis, MD and then all smiles for my 120-mile ride home. Throughout my way home, I kept thinking, "There's a lot to like here!" thumb up

Mods and accessories on their way. :p

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had the pleasure of buying my Gunner two days ago! I had a truly great buying experience at Chesapeake Cycles in Annapolis, MD and then all smiles for my 120-mile ride home. Throughout my way home, I kept thinking, "There's a lot to like here!" thumb up

Wow, best wishes... I rode the Gunner at the factory ride here in Portland Oregon, what a mistake, I had to get a Victory after that, just got my XR one week ago today.... ride safe and enjoy... Jim

·
Registered
167 Posts

Me too, bought my first Gunner yesterday, happy, happy, happy....I was wondering if anyone has any luck finding a driver back rest with out having to replace the whole seat? I got the solo red seat on order so want to use that with a back rest. I know, I have seen lots of complaints about the seat, but I'm going to give it a shot, being a lady rider maybe it won't hit me in the same spots. :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Me too, bought my first Gunner yesterday, happy, happy, happy....I was wondering if anyone has any luck finding a driver back rest with out having to replace the whole seat? I got the solo red seat on order so want to use that with a back rest. I know, I have seen lots of complaints about the seat, but I'm going to give it a shot, being a lady rider maybe it won't hit me in the same spots. :)
Oh, I guess I should also say that I hijacked my husbands account...he still has his Cross Country, I just traded my V-Star in for the Gunner.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh, I guess I should also say that I hijacked my husbands account...he still has his Cross Country, I just traded my V-Star in for the Gunner.
Congrats, yay you! thumb up

I love the red seat, to the point that it *might* have been early-release shots of the Gunner with that seat (the nice color contrast) that initially caught my eye with this model.

That said, the stock seat shape is indeed a bugger, not on the man-parts but the sharp rear lip on the lower back, so I opted to order a Corbin saddle instead of Vic's red solo seat. "Bomber brown leather" was the color I wound up with because they didn't have a red option the same as Victory. I'll post a pic after it arrives late this week. :)

Sorry I do not know the answer to your question about the backrest.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Very happy for you, I know how much of a treat a ride on the Gunner is, I was not too happy with my BMW when the factory ride on the Gunner was over... Best wishes, ride safe and let us know how you enjoy your new bike.... the Gunner is a Great design Jim

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Maltesefalcn!

Care to share how your first month on your new Gunner is going? Any pros/cons you want to share? Thanks in advance!
I'd be happy to share, thank you for asking. :)

It's goin great! Had no problem piling on my first 500 miles, so had my local custom shop do the break-in servicing for me, as well as add on my Corbin seat and Vic luggage. I've attached a photo that I already showed off in the Gunner photo thread.

No qualms, burps or performance issues at all to report. I'm lovin the torque that I'm not used to on my 900 Triumph. The stock Gunner seat was kind of a pain in my arse (get it?) but no issues with the Corbin besides being very hard. [i believe Corbin's have a very long break in period].

The Vic semi-hard locking bags are pieces of crap, but I do LOVE the quick release Lock N Ride bracket system which is why I got them. When the bags pop off, there is no luggage "frame" at all to remain on the bike, just four little bolts. So it truly does go back from bagger to bobber. So to speak. We all know it's not a bobber. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Good to hear you are enjoying it! I'm really digging the new saddle, too! Nice choice!

How do you feel about the loudness of the pipes? I personally like loud exhaust, not OBNOXIOUSLY loud, but enough to be heard.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good to hear you are enjoying it! I'm really digging the new saddle, too! Nice choice!

How do you feel about the loudness of the pipes? I personally like loud exhaust, not OBNOXIOUSLY loud, but enough to be heard.
The stock pipes are the only other thing that I definitely want to change, but the money tree has run dry for the moment lol. I told the shop fellas that I'll be seeing them at Xmas time for some Bassani's. :p

I am of the same mind, I like a pleasant exhaust note, without being a neighborhood-disrupting window rattler. The Triumph Off Road's on my Scrambler are great for that, civilized at slow speed in town, but they give off a great sound when you whack the throttle.

I am looking to get the same out of Bassani, although I'll cheerfully accept other recommendations. cheers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts