Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now taking on winter projects!
The Vic Shop is one of the few Lloydz certified mechanics. That means my work has been recognized by Lloyd as such good quality he can put his stamp of approval on it.
I've got many years of experience in building Lloydz motors and offer a full service shop.
Feel free to give me a call or check out my website (www.thevicshop.com) or Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Vic-Shop/149909745069440).

·
Registered
88 Posts
As a happy customer of Rylan's, I will readily recommend his work to anyone interested - he knows his stuff, and even his "mild" builds will put a big grin on your face every time you start it up!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How hard is it to swap cams in the 106? Can it be done by a shadetree mechanic?
It is all outlined in the service manual. Check it out and if it seems daunting then I would say leave it to a professional.
It can be satisfying to do you own work, then again I've done cams for guys that had the knowledge level to do them themselves, but they preferred to just have someone experienced do the work and have the piece of mind that it was done right the first time.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Coming from a SBK I've been interested in Crisping the throttle some. But then I started thinking the throttle response is more a function of the fly wheel VS anything else. That picture validates my assumption. How big are our fly wheels. Has anyone successfully lightened it some?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Coming from a SBK I've been interested in Crisping the throttle some. But then I started thinking the throttle response is more a function of the fly wheel VS anything else. That picture validates my assumption. How big are our fly wheels. Has anyone successfully lightened it some?
Lloydz can lighten and balance a crankshaft. I don't think I'd do it on a heavy bagger like the Vision unless you had it teamed up with some major motor work. It is more for the lighter, high revving race crowd, but it can be done....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts