Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay well ive been looking for bike looking for bikes! last fall i went on a ride my first ride and it was like a 4 hour ride up and bike. rode a iron 883 low and older one like a few years home. then on the way home road a road king and that was like a sofa with wheels so cumfy. But i was thinking and i could get a harley but then to modify it out and pipes and bars and fenders and everything cost so much, where the vegas 8ball which im looking at comes with wheels all black and basically just get pipes for it and it looks sick! can anyone help me with imput on a harley roadking or nightster, or a victory 8ball! thanks alotcheers

·
Registered
24 Posts
bro, you can't go wrong with an 8BALL,I've had my 08 vegas 8ball almost 3, love it , no problems yet.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
You can buy a used 8ball for a great price. The bike has much more HP and TQ then either HD. You yourself saw how custom it looks stock. Pipes and intake can range in price and you can find deals on used accessories.

Personally the 8ball is a better bang for the buck and Victory's are damn near bullet proof.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya i am not worried about the price of pipes at all its just like harleys are expensive and the sportsters look too cramed and road kings are too expensive and only look good if you do alotta work to them which can be super expensive. i know the victorys are fast i mean its a V twin haha but i just wanst sure as to how they hold up and how much maintnence you have to do cuz harleys you gotta keep up on them a bit but deff the victory looks best stock and is what i will most likely get!

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
I'll assume you aren't familiar with the expression "bullet proof". It basically means it doesn't break down.

Maintenance is the normal maintenance you would do with any vehicle. Oil, belt (drive), tires and breaks, lube cables and throttle body cleaning.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Just buy an aftermarket seat as well, honestly the victory stock and victory/ness aftermarket seats are nice but there are better options. i'd go with mustang seats for overall comfort, i'm going to buy a mustang in the next few months. I'm slowly collecting mods for a weekend mod marathon.

I know what you mean about the comfort of the roadking and Harley's dresser bikes. my dad's roadking is like a freaking lazy-boy on wheels, great for long rides stock. but, i think the cross raods will easily smoke the roadking and the vision should be alot faster than the electra/ultra/streeglide bikes.

my brother has a street bob with the 93 c.i. motor and six speed, comparable to the vegas, i'm slightly heavier than my brother, but i smoke him all the time. the 883 low is no comparsion to any victory, even the older bikes. i've ridden 883 and 1200 sportsters, nice little bike, but for a few grand more you get 3 times the bike.

i'm 2 yrs into my vegas and have had NO problems, oil changes, gas and go is all i've done other than modifications. my dad will never out right admit it as he's a hardcore harley guy, but if my mom would let him get another bike, he'd have a vegas next to the harley.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts