Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother owns a Victory Dealership and he gave me a deal I could not refuse. I got a NEW 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour. This is only the second new vehicle I have ever bought. The first was a 1977 FXE. I put 230,000 on it. I have been riding Harleys for 35 years. I was a little wild before, but now I want something with some major comfort and this new Victory is definitely comfortable.
Here is a few pics.

Here are a few before I put some chrome on it.

The backrest will get put on tomorrow and handlebars and a Madstad windshield brackets are on order. I also have an appointment for Mr. Ed's Moto for a custom seat in March. That will make my mobile easychair close to ready for the long roads ahead. KEN

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Welcome!!! Beautiful bike! Nice to see another Oregonian on here!!! I need to make my appt for Mr. Ed's too...

I hope you love the bike like I love mine--only about 2 weeks ahead of you!

Take care!

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome!!! Beautiful bike! Nice to see another Oregonian on here!!! I need to make my appt for Mr. Ed's too...

I hope you love the bike like I love mine--only about 2 weeks ahead of you!

Take care!
Mr. Ed's is booking out about 2 months right now. I pick March so I can get my bars and other mod's in order. I'm putting the Utopia Backrest on tomorrow evening after work. And it is supposed to be mostly dry on Friday and Saturday, so I will be detouring around rain clouds.

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Mr. Ed's is booking out about 2 months right now. I pick March so I can get my bars and other mod's in order. I'm putting the Utopia Backrest on tomorrow evening after work. And it is supposed to be mostly dry on Friday and Saturday, so I will be detouring around rain clouds.
I had a Mr. Ed's seat on my last ride too...I am shooting for March too. I put on my Madstad bracket the other night--completely changed my ride when going over 65mph...smooth as silk now.

I've thought about the backrest but haven't ever had one--may just bite the bullet!

·
Registered
53 Posts
If you like yours half as much as I like mine you'll love yours... Congrats!

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Congrats! The XCT is an amazing machine. thumb up

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the comments everyone. I LOVIN' THIS BIKE.

I put the Utopia backrest on tonight. It only took a half hour to pop the mounting bracket and the backrest on. Most of that was looking for a metric allen wrench which I found in the Victory tool kit.

I'll test it tomorrow after work, plus Saturday and Sunday too.

Very adjustable. here it is adjusted about 3/4 of the way forward.

It had a removable pouch with a zipper, which flips down to cover all the adjustment assy.

Sitting on the bike in the garage adjusting the backrest; it felt very good. KEN

·
Registered
32 Posts
Looking good! I just bought my XC on Halloween...black, of course. Looks like a lot of people are taking advantage of the Red Tag Deal! Here's to many, many safe miles of riding!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts