Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulled the trigger this weekend on a '14 XCT. Black and silver. It'll show up in a couple of weeks! After pouring through these posts I believe I'll get the D&D mufflers and Klockworks shield.I bought the drivers backrest from the dealer. I think I'm going to buy the weather cover as well.
After digging thru the dealers catalog, I feel its kind of pricey. I've been thru ebay as well and its really not much better. So my question is this: are there any good sources of aftermarket or factory parts. I'm not looking for anything in particular, just like to know whats out there. Thanksthumb up

·
Registered
848 Posts
Congrats on the new ride!

Yep parts for these things are a bit expensive. there are a bunch of aftermarket guys out there. I have to dig a little but Honda of Toledo ( Yes I did type Honda they deal in VIctory parts too) is a good place top get OEM. I need to dig up their contact info.

Some things to consider if you are going with D&D pipes,

Power Commander V tunner
Lloyds Adjustable Timing wheel ( Imporves low end a bunch)
a set of Lloyds cams either drop in or Touring cams
Lloyds Washable Air filter
and to wrap it up a dyno tune by KMC or Lloyds (Both close to you)

Happy New year.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats on the new ride!

Yep parts for these things are a bit expensive. there are a bunch of aftermarket guys out there. I have to dig a little but Honda of Toledo ( Yes I did type Honda they deal in VIctory parts too) is a good place top get OEM. I need to dig up their contact info.

Some things to consider if you are going with D&D pipes,

Power Commander V tunner
Lloyds Adjustable Timing wheel ( Imporves low end a bunch)
a set of Lloyds cams either drop in or Touring cams
Lloyds Washable Air filter
and to wrap it up a dyno tune by KMC or Lloyds (Both close to you)

Happy New year.
Where is Lloyds located? I was planning on the timing gear as well. I'll be tapped this year so its only mufflers for now.I like to hear the engine at highway speeds, not excessively but enough to know what the engine is doing. Cant do that with the stock mufflers.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Where is Lloyds located? I was planning on the timing gear as well. I'll be tapped this year so its only mufflers for now.I like to hear the engine at highway speeds, not excessively but enough to know what the engine is doing. Cant do that with the stock mufflers.
Lloydz is in Pine Bush, NY, which is roughly half-way between NYC and Albany: http://www.lloydz.com/contact.asp

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
The D&D's are a great choice. On a stock bike they could cause issues with out doing anything else. They could lean you out more than the stock bike already is so do your self a favor and at least get a PC5 and a dyno tune and put the Lloyds filter in there too. Otherwise wait until you have the funds to package your performance goodies. Cams are the hot ticket these days for these bikes. Again think package.

The timing wheel can be done for less than $150 in your garage. This would be the 1st thing I would do. It's cheap and effective on either a stock bike or a modified bike. Ride your bike for a while the way it is. Get your 1st service done and this will give you time to digest the money you are about to spend. A full performance package for this bike will run around $2700 with 1 dyno tune.

This forum will take you in the right direction for your mods through experience . Listen to the guys that have been there.

Congrats on the new ride!thumb up

·
Registered
848 Posts
WD has a good set of Mufflers and they do not cost an arm and a leg. couple that to an Air filter from Lloyd, set of cams and a dyno tune and you should get away with all for under $2K.

Check out KMC power sports they are just down the street from you in RI.

Kyle at KMC did mine, with the Touring cams... boy howdy is the machine alive now. Different bike from stock and very managable on the street.

Bare in mind that you may not be happy piecing the build together a little at a time. Talk to either Lloyd, Kyle or Rylan Voss for a package, by this I mean where do you want to go with your mods, and they can spec out some options for you.

If you are just one of those guys that wants loud, drill the stock baffles and Cut down the length of the tail pipe and you will get more volume and it is free. C

In My case I did not know what I wanted at first so I left it stock. Stock the bike is too damn hot to ride on a mild day.

After some rides with my buddy Half Crazy and towing a trailer it was clear which way I wanted to go. Next up was to talk to the professionals, Rylan and Lloyd. I wanted to know what worked together and what did not. I was on the fence about cams, Larry kept driving the point home as delicate as ever and with a little more research my build came together.

I will tell you there is nothing like 119HP and 115torques to lite up your ride and it is reliable. Mr Chips ended up with 119/118....

Research, talk to the professionals that make a living making these things run. The forum is full of opinion and just plain wrong info.

Please do not take my word for any of this, talk to to Lloydz Motorworkz, KMC powersports, The Vic Shop and let them guide you. I know what is in my machine and what works for me.

Cheers

Happy riding.

·
Registered
848 Posts
The D&D's are a great choice. On a stock bike they could cause issues with out doing anything else. They could lean you out more than the stock bike already is so do your self a favor and at least get a PC5 and a dyno tune and put the Lloyds filter in there too. Otherwise wait until you have the funds to package your performance goodies. Cams are the hot ticket these days for these bikes. Again think package.

The timing wheel can be done for less than $150 in your garage. This would be the 1st thing I would do. It's cheap and effective on either a stock bike or a modified bike. Ride your bike for a while the way it is. Get your 1st service done and this will give you time to digest the money you are about to spend. A full performance package for this bike will run around $2700 with 1 dyno tune.

This forum will take you in the right direction for your mods through experience . Listen to the guys that have been there.

Congrats on the new ride!thumb up
+1 thumb upthumb upthumb up.

·
Registered
848 Posts
PS, If you are good with a wrench you can save a bunch of coin installing the stuff yourself.

Or...

Kall Kyle, get on his schedule, do a little leg work and set up a dyno, cam/dyno party in your neck of the wood to make it worth his while to come up and tune you ride. Best damn thing I did this year and made a good friend at the same time.

Kyle is a stand up guy and is Lloyd Greer's mobile dyno guy. I could sing his praises for a week.

Slick and I both have handed our machines over to him with exceptional results.

Cheers

·
Registered
586 Posts
Congrats on the Victory selection! Test rode a XCT with the Klockwerks sheild. Nice improvement. It was the truck driver's personal bike for running errands, but was available for test rides.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WD has a good set of Mufflers and they do not cost an arm and a leg. couple that to an Air filter from Lloyd, set of cams and a dyno tune and you should get away with all for under $2K.

Check out KMC power sports they are just down the street from you in RI.

Kyle at KMC did mine, with the Touring cams... boy howdy is the machine alive now. Different bike from stock and very managable on the street.

Bare in mind that you may not be happy piecing the build together a little at a time. Talk to either Lloyd, Kyle or Rylan Voss for a package, by this I mean where do you want to go with your mods, and they can spec out some options for you.

If you are just one of those guys that wants loud, drill the stock baffles and Cut down the length of the tail pipe and you will get more volume and it is free. C

In My case I did not know what I wanted at first so I left it stock. Stock the bike is too damn hot to ride on a mild day.

After some rides with my buddy Half Crazy and towing a trailer it was clear which way I wanted to go. Next up was to talk to the professionals, Rylan and Lloyd. I wanted to know what worked together and what did not. I was on the fence about cams, Larry kept driving the point home as delicate as ever and with a little more research my build came together.

I will tell you there is nothing like 119HP and 115torques to lite up your ride and it is reliable. Mr Chips ended up with 119/118....

Research, talk to the professionals that make a living making these things run. The forum is full of opinion and just plain wrong info.

Please do not take my word for any of this, talk to to Lloydz Motorworkz, KMC powersports, The Vic Shop and let them guide you. I know what is in my machine and what works for me.

Cheers

Happy riding.
Squatch, what are WD mufflers? Do you mean D&D?

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
WD does some of their own mufflers, i think they are modified stockers.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Squatch, what are WD mufflers? Do you mean D&D?
JOn at Witch Doctor's can answer a bunch of question for you.

Jon Petrich
WitchDoctor's Billet Specialties
E-Mail: [email protected]
www.buywitchdoctors.com
Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/witchdoctorbillet

Jon's Mufflers use the stock pipes, under the heat shields and he massages the internals. From the outside they look mostly like the OEM pipe. just sound better.

A little searching on the forum and you can find a few posts on modifying the OEM pipes for the cost of a drill bit and some time.

·
Registered
848 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got it. I didn't know WD meant witchdoctor. Cool mufflers are mufflers for our bikes, the mufflers that I saw when I googled it were mufflers for farm equipement. I'll look around for some youtube clips on WD mufflers. What I'm looking for in sound isn't too loud, I like low rumble, not higher pitch raspy sounds. I ride a lot and exhaust that are too loud wear thin on me quickly.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts