Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to move my bike today to make a little more space for the truck.
Pulled the cover off, went to grab the key and couldn't find it.
Our key rack is right over the trash can...

I'm 99% sure the key went out with the garbage this morning. Short of my kid swallowing it, its the only explanation to the location of the key.
I do not have a spare. That was lost with all the paperwork I have on the bike when Hurricane Irma rolled through.

Is there any way to get another key made?

I have contacted the dealership, but don't expect to hear from them given their track record of responding to me, and I can't get up to them for at least a couple weeks, they're a 2+ hour drive away.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
A good locksmith can make a new key based on probing the keyhole but it won't be cheap. Hopefully, there are other alternatives.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spoke to one locksmith already. His opinion is it will be cheaper/easier to replace the ignition than him trying to reverse build a key...

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Here you go:

OEM Parts
$332.12
Asm., Ignition, Fuel Cap, TRNK, SB Locks, Black
item: 4012943-266
qty: 1 @ $332.12

OEM Parts
$275.51
Asm., Ingition, Fuel Cap, TRNK, SBLKS, Black
item: 4012944-266
qty: 1 @ $275.51

I found these at VictoryPatrts.net but I'm not sure why one is more expensive than the other when the descriptions are the same. Here's the link: https://www.victoryparts.net/oemparts/a/vic/503f6c1ef8700222b8492738/electrical-ignition-system-all-options#

Next Step: Move The Key Rack !!!

·
Registered
426 Posts
I always keep mine with the ignition as well. But the 1st thing I did was make spare keys when I got the bike because the dealer told me they don't do that.

Ebay. I have seen complete lock kits on there for reasonably cheap, maybe you can get lucky and find the right combo. Like this as just an example:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-VICTORY-CROSS-ROADS-IGNITION-LOCK-KEY-SET-W-GAS-CAP/401257835769?fits=Make:Victory|Model:Cross+Roads&hash=item5d6cd4acf9:g:P0kAAOSwA3dYdkVx&vxp=mtr

You can always pull the tumblers and replace them.

·
Premium Member
13,609 Posts
At least you don't have to worry about matching up to the saddlebags. I'd pull the ignition and take it to a locksmith. Any decent one worth their salt should be able to do it for you at a reasonable price if you leave it with them.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Good time to install one of those watchdog security systems

·
Registered
4,078 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
The code is on the key. My code starts with B and six digits. Either one of these blanks will fit in your lock. A locksmith should be able to replace the tumblers and cut a new key.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
The code is on the key. My code starts with B and six digits. Either one of these blanks will fit in your lock. A locksmith should be able to replace the tumblers and cut a new key.
But he has no key.... :) Anywhere else to get the necessary info?

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You might be able to find it by VIN... or it may be stamped in the switch, fuel door lock, or bag lock.
No bag lock.
Side bags don't lock and cam with back.
Rear trunk the previous owner took from a Vegas and made work.
I'll take a look around the bike if I get off work early enough today.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
No bag lock.
Side bags don't lock and cam with back.
Rear trunk the previous owner took from a Vegas and made work.
I'll take a look around the bike if I get off work early enough today.
From Polaris... See page 3... They are not much help...
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=7&ved=0ahUKEwiejoO38PfXAhWig-AKHa7TADYQFghWMAY&url=http://cdn.polaris.com/service/docs/Replacement%20Key%20Info%20for%20ALL%20products.docx&usg=AOvVaw35AwOU6g-Il-Qd27wRMdoB

Those who have only one key should write down the key code or get some extra keys NOW.

Maybe that key is in the laundry (pants pocket) or you put it somewhere besides the hook... maybe it didn't go out in the trash at all.

·
Registered
813 Posts
you should be able to take the title with the vin number to a dealer, they can then give you the number that was on the key, than they can make a key for you, or it may have to be ordered from Polaris. there are some lock smith that can make the key from the code as well. I had to do this for a car for my sister once when she lost her keys.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
you should be able to take the title with the vin number to a dealer, they can then give you the number that was on the key, than they can make a key for you, or it may have to be ordered from Polaris. there are some lock smith that can make the key from the code as well. I had to do this for a car for my sister once when she lost her keys.
Ive managed to change my schedule for the weekend so I can get by the dealer. Hopefully they can get the new one ordered and as soon as I got it... off to get duplicates for sure.

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Are you expecting the dealer to cut you a key, order you a lockset, order a spare key, order a replacement cut key from Polaris or something else?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts