Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

!!!!! I don't understand all the hype !!!!!

5K views 24 replies 21 participants last post by  britri123 
#1 ·
Ok, ok maybe its just me but seeing the High Ball which is nothing more than a lightly modified 8 Ball. Why all the hype from Victory? Did they do this when the 8 Ball was introduced being it was an all blacked out Vegas?
Most people here know I'm a HUGE Victory cheerleader and even though I like the look of the High Ball, what a waste with all the hype from Victory but then again I'm one of the suckers that bought into the hype and watched the live feed.

#2 ·
Yeah, this was way too much drama with no substance. I like the bobber as it provides a new variation to chose from, but it's nothing more than yet another sub-model. :)

#3 ·
Yup still watching... I am one of those suckers too! Am I the only one that finds this blond annoying!!!!! :crzy:

If it was not for the guest speakers I would have turned it off....

#4 ·
There was some chatter on Huze' blog about Victory possibly building a sport bike like Buell got interrupted doing. I can't say that's a bad idea if Victory REALLY wants to offer more than variations on cruisers. I'm impressed with what Triumph has undertaken in just 20 years - they have something for virtually every taste. And they still keep producing more new product. Victory needs to work at "branding" so outsiders will recognize the bikes and logos. There needs to be another TV show like "along Came Bronson" only this time, its a guy and a gal on Victorys, saving people in distress.

#6 ·
Poor casting

You know, Victory could have done alot better in the presentation of the new Highball. Is that the BEST they could do with the emcee of the program, a giddy blond bimbo, who giggled her way through the entire program. Their PR department should all be, as Donald Thrump would say, YOUR FIRED! As for the new bike, its cool.:cool:

#8 ·
At first I wasn't all that impressed but as I look at it a bit more; I'm seeing it in a different light. I've thinking that I might build one more bike from the ground up or get aHarley Dyna to mess with but I like the stance and suspension along with the power of this one much more than I did at first. It's growin' on me. We'll see. I'd have to get a windfall to get it anyway right now.

I think Natalie Jackson was hot in a slightly slutty kind of way. But then that's how I like my women; a little on the slutty side. :)

#24 ·
Ha yeah I saw that! Although it didn't bother me, I'm sure it wasn't appreciated by the Victory people. I agree, she was ill prepared and probably not a very good choice. As far as the bike, I also agree a lot of hype for a bike with new wheels and handlebars!

#11 ·
I think that we sometimes forget that Victory is only 10-11 years old. I'm pretty sure HD didn't have as many different models as Victory does after only 10 years.

#13 ·
You are referring to 1913

I watched it for about 25 minutes and became bored.
Natalie Jackson was completely unprepared

The high ball will probably capture a few but it's not my kinda of bike.
I agree they went way overboard for it's introduction

#16 ·
I agree with you. But, like their lead designer said, the vegas was the closest bike they had to a bobber. They didn't sit down to build a bobber. They've sat down and picked the bike that would need the least modifications to make it into a different model. And they called it a bobber.

This will keep production costs low, as it's not an all new bike, while adding more options to choose from for future Victory buyers. From that perspective, it might be a good move.

#17 ·
i have never had a thing for white sidewall tires and spoke rims
but i really like it. maybe because it lacks for chrome,i must
be tiring from polishing mine. i think victory made a smart
move here,now put a 250 tire on it...

#20 ·
I agree, the classic headlight would fit this bike better, but it appears that Victory is taking all the money saving steps it can. That has to be why they are down to only one engine/tranny, albeit a great one.

The HighBall to me isn't very utilitarian, just another poser bike that won't see the other side of the city limits very often. What other opinion would you expect of a touring type rider?

#19 ·
DISAPPOINTED
Wheres the jockey shift the up swept pipes.
Wow a two pincushion handle bar.
Flat black paint with gloss wheels they couldn't make up there minds.
Lets use our rear fenders and headlight we have now and nobody can tell.
Wow its a pooper :ltr:

#21 ·
Hey they had to hit at least 4 different street corners before they were able to find that bimbo......I guess it was all they could afford after building that thing they call a bike....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.