Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
Why over think this,
OP did you drain the oil?
OP then put the bike on its side
OP then spray / pour with a flexible hose some petrol at the high side of the engine case

Then it will wash to the lower side of the case, take a small hook and fish it out

Then put fresh oil it your engine, run it for 5 minuts / dump the oil and put new oil & filter in it

Then ride that beast

Andre using TaPaTaLk

Reactions: IndyVictory

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
Pulling primary won’t help. Drain oil, remove timing chain cover, remove timing gear, elevation or rear slightly and leaning bike hard right. With a flexible claw retriever insert into large cavity below crankshaft. Locate with a flashlight and retrieve it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Pulling primary won’t help. Drain oil, remove timing chain cover, remove timing gear, elevation or rear slightly and leaning bike hard right. With a flexible claw retriever insert into large cavity below crankshaft. Locate with a flashlight and retrieve it.
Thanks this sounds way easier then pull off the primary

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
Had a local guy do same thing.

Reactions: IndyVictory

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
Any update?

Reactions: visionjohnny

·
13,235 Posts
I try your suggestion and still cant see the piece in there. Gonna give the dealership a call and see what they can do to help me out.
screw the dealer. Keep trying do you have a led flashlight. if you have timing cover off maybe you need to take the primary cover off. Do you have a coathanger wire to do some fishing around to fid it.
You did drain the oil I hope

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
screw the dealer. Keep trying do you have a led flashlight. if you have timing cover off maybe you need to take the primary cover off. Do you have a coathanger wire to do some fishing around to fid it.
You did drain the oil I hope
Im gonna keep trying. Dealer wants 2500 buck .oil been drain.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts