Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,230 Posts
Why over think this,
OP did you drain the oil?
OP then put the bike on its side
OP then spray / pour with a flexible hose some petrol at the high side of the engine case

Then it will wash to the lower side of the case, take a small hook and fish it out

Then put fresh oil it your engine, run it for 5 minuts / dump the oil and put new oil & filter in it

Then ride that beast

Andre using TaPaTaLk

Reactions: IndyVictory

·
13,262 Posts
dougie d
have you made any progress

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
Pulling primary won’t help. Drain oil, remove timing chain cover, remove timing gear, elevation or rear slightly and leaning bike hard right. With a flexible claw retriever insert into large cavity below crankshaft. Locate with a flashlight and retrieve it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Pulling primary won’t help. Drain oil, remove timing chain cover, remove timing gear, elevation or rear slightly and leaning bike hard right. With a flexible claw retriever insert into large cavity below crankshaft. Locate with a flashlight and retrieve it.
Thanks this sounds way easier then pull off the primary

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
Had a local guy do same thing.

Reactions: IndyVictory

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
Any update?

Reactions: visionjohnny

·
13,262 Posts
I try your suggestion and still cant see the piece in there. Gonna give the dealership a call and see what they can do to help me out.
screw the dealer. Keep trying do you have a led flashlight. if you have timing cover off maybe you need to take the primary cover off. Do you have a coathanger wire to do some fishing around to fid it.
You did drain the oil I hope

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
screw the dealer. Keep trying do you have a led flashlight. if you have timing cover off maybe you need to take the primary cover off. Do you have a coathanger wire to do some fishing around to fid it.
You did drain the oil I hope
Im gonna keep trying. Dealer wants 2500 buck .oil been drain.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Nephew came by today. He had the piece out within half hour. THANKS. So much for the advice.
THANKS for your advice. Nephew got piece out today in about half hour

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Tell us how he got it out.

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
Awesome. Glad you got it.

Reactions: dougie d

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
WOW! great to here you got it out. The price the dealer gave you is outrageous, 2500 dollars..

·
13,262 Posts
Now I can sleep it at knowing you fixed after a week.
Glad you didn't go to the dealer

21 - 40 of 40 Posts