Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to see Victory add a " Limited Edition" Victory Jackpt with a " Springer Front End " on it.

The dealer in Reno, put one on a few years back and it was very nice looking.

Nice paint, seat, chrome package and a springer, would get my interest. As the Jackpot needs a little refreshing.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Wait and see what Polaris does with the Indians;)

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I would like to see Victory add a " Limited Edition" Victory Jackpt with a " Springer Front End " on it.

The dealer in Reno, put one on a few years back and it was very nice looking.

Nice paint, seat, chrome package and a springer, would get my interest. As the Jackpot needs a little refreshing.
Refreshing? Last I looked, the latest fashion trend was go back to 1972:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Have you ever ridden a bike witha springer front end? I have owned two and they are great bar hoppers and look great. Other than that they handle poorly, vibrate and very little travel.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Couldn't disagree with you more Vrat. I own a 2004 FXSTSI and it handles like a dream and has travelled 600+ miles a day on trips when coming back from Sturgis.

My springer actually handles really well gping through the mountains ( stock handle bars)

Was your springers HD or aftermarket ( in which I may see your point, but they would never make it to a production bike)

·
Registered
357 Posts
Have you ever ridden a bike witha springer front end? I have owned two and they are great bar hoppers and look great. Other than that they handle poorly, vibrate and very little travel.
Back in the 80s I built and rode a 1972 XLH with a 45Deg rake 6 in stretch in the down legs and a 18 over springer.Rode great and handled decent.But I was a 25 yr old with no sense.Still miss that old chopper.:(

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Couldn't disagree with you more Vrat. I own a 2004 FXSTSI and it handles like a dream and has travelled 600+ miles a day on trips when coming back from Sturgis.

My springer actually handles really well gping through the mountains ( stock handle bars)

Was your springers HD or aftermarket ( in which I may see your point, but they would never make it to a production bike)
I had a Paughco on a 50's hardtail frame ( I know no comparison) and also had a 90 HD Springer ST. I ended up hating that bike, but it looked F'in great. Now I ride a Vision and a XC, both of these bikes would run circles around any HD I have ever owned. To be fair the last HD I owned was the 90 and it is the reason I ride a Vic, it's Long story. I know there have been great improvements through out the HD line.

I will clarify my statement, the springer did not handle bad, it's just that the modern ft end of today is leaps and bounds above the performance of any springer. There is a reason the entire industry went away from them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts