Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off my Red 2012 Cross Country Tourer! Easiest 90 miles I've ever put in. So far I can say "WOW" what a great ride. Looking forward to some many miles. I'll try to post some pictures this weekend.

·
Administrator
5,978 Posts
Congrats and welcome aboard! cheers

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Congrats! Now the question is how long you can go without looking for accessories to add to your XCT.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the well wishes. I picked up the bike after work at 6 pm. I've got 120 miles on it so far. Stupid Work keeps thinking that I should be there instead of out on the open road. Unreasonable Ba*****s!

Congrats! Now the question is how long you can go without looking for accessories to add to your XCT.
Coming from my Honda 1300C I really don't have the accessory bug. This bike has everything that I would be adding to it. I just have to get a good GPS and get it mounted. Then I'm ready for my Pacific Coast Trip this fall.

Oh, where do you add or remove the pressure for the suspension? I haven't found it yet.

Of course it's probably hard to find it while you're sitting in the saddle.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Thanks for the well wishes. I picked up the bike after work at 6 pm. I've got 120 miles on it so far. Stupid Work keeps thinking that I should be there instead of out on the open road. Unreasonable Ba*****s!

Coming from my Honda 1300C I really don't have the accessory bug. This bike has everything that I would be adding to it. I just have to get a good GPS and get it mounted. Then I'm ready for my Pacific Coast Trip this fall.

Oh, where do you add or remove the pressure for the suspension? I haven't found it yet.

Of course it's probably hard to find it while you're sitting in the saddle.
Congrats on your new bike. I also came from a VTX 1300C and yes these bikes are super loaded compared to our VTXs regardless of how much we personalized them LOL

You rear shock air valve is under the right side cover. DON'T use a compresser to fill or adjust, get a bicycle pump.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Just got off my Red 2012 Cross Country Tourer! Easiest 90 miles I've ever put in. So far I can say "WOW" what a great ride. Looking forward to some many miles. I'll try to post some pictures this weekend.
great choice!!! ride safe and enjoy every mile, i got mine in dec and every mile just makes me smile even more:) red is a nice color but white is the coolest color well of to the gazebo for a beercheers

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
OPERATOR manual

Read your operators manual. Beings you just put all this money into your new pride and joy the reading will be better than you expected.:)It might really help you with some important features like operating the instrument panel and all the features you may not know it comes with.

·
Registered
154 Posts
great choice!!! ride safe and enjoy every mile, i got mine in dec and every mile just makes me smile even more:) red is a nice color but white is the coolest color well of to the gazebo for a beercheers
Hate to color bash, but I thought I wanted the white until I went into the dealership and saw it on the floor. Totally disappointed. Maybe it is better in the sunlight, however I would not call the white XCT a pearl white. (Not sure what to call it)

So I will be getting the red.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts