Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a set of "Mayhem" handlebars from Witchdoctors and installed them a few days ago. (They're awesome, by the way.) The install went fairly easy but when I got it back together, my horn didn't work. My first thought was that I had somehow messed up the switch. So I took the controls off the bars and checked it out. Everything seemed fine. Put it back together and checked the fuse. Fine too. So then I unplugged the harness and checked for power. All good there. Checked for continuity running from the harness and through the switch. Good again. So all that was left is A. the wire from the harness going to the horn was broken, B. the ground connection for the horn was broken, or C. the horn itself was damaged. I was tired and didn't want to check those options so I decided to put it off till later. Well, I took the bike out for a spin today and the horn magically works again. Don't know why, but I don't think I'll mess with it unless it goes out again.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Not the greatest picture. But here ya go. I also added the Kuryakyn ISO-Grips with the throttle rocker and bar ends.
Great enough :) ....I love those bars and you're going to dig that ISO grips setup.
You also now have an obligation to report back with a review on the Mayhems......

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you the picture. Are those bars 17 inches?
36" Tip to Tip
16" From mounting base to top of hand control
10-1/2" Side to side inside
13" Outside to outside

That's the description from Witchdoctors. And a link if you're interested... Handle Bars "Mayhem" Style in Handlebars - General Accessories - Cross Bikes, Magnum & Hardball - Victory Motorcycles - Your #1 Source for US Made, Custom Victory Motorcycle Parts

So far I really like them, but I haven't yet gotten to go for a very long ride with them on.

·
12,983 Posts
pinched wire at switch housing or where it comes out of the bar

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The switch was the first thing I checked. Even checked at the plug to make sure there was continuity between the two wires when the button was pushed. The horn is still working now so I haven't had it high in my priorities to check it out. My guess would be a weak ground connection. It always seems to be a grounding issue. I also may use this as an excuse to upgrade the horn.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Dontcha know the horn only works while the bike is moving? :wink

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Funny thing is, I wouldn't have even known the horn worked before the install if I hadn't accidentally bumped it when reaching for the turn signal while riding it home from the dealership.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts