Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd share a fun moment I had with fellow Victory riders.

Well, it finally happened. Had just finished filling up my Pearl White Cross Country Tour at one of the local petroleum establishments, when I hear the following .... "hello OFFICER, can you direct me to the downtown area?" I nearly fell over when the elderly gentleman's wife came running over with a flyer from one of the local jewelry stores which was on Mt. Rushmore Road. Gave her the directions to the store and received a great big "thank you OFFICER. That was the first time I've been mistaken for a police officer since getting the bike, but it looks as if it won't be the last. Got home and told the wife what transpired. We both smiled since I've been kidded about looking like a cop with my white shorty helmet from friends and family since I bought the bike.

P.S. - I'm turning 71 next month, so when I say elderly, they really were. :D:D

·
Registered
634 Posts
Black letters on your fairing.......To Be
POLITE.....will get you to interact with the public even more. lol.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Black letters on your fairing.......To Be
POLITE.....will get you to interact with the public even more. lol.
And blue lights. ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
71! That explains the $.25 for Da Bus!

Glad to see your still going strong riding! Hope I can do as well as you! Ride safe, and come back and visit sometime!

·
Registered
12,326 Posts
I'm turning 71 next month, so when I say elderly, they really were. :D:D
Ah, another septuagenarian joins the forum. Welcome DR, you youngster you, from this 75-1/2 year old who's been riding 60 years. Old guys rule...or is that drool? :ltr:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah, another septuagenarian joins the forum. Welcome DR, you youngster you, from this 75-1/2 year old who's been riding 60 years. Old guys rule...or is that drool? :ltr:
Well, drool does happen sometime...but most of the time it is RULE!! My man John Wayne always said that. Didn't he??? HUH?? :confused::confused: Guess I have a while to go to catch up with ya. I'm trying. thumb up

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
just proves that us mature guys prefer victory's for bike of
choice.this coming from a 64 year old.

dont know where they found it but friends of ours from
michigan gave me a
'victory" emblemmed wallet saturday for my birthday.

·
Registered
12,326 Posts
dont know where they found it but friends of ours frommichigan gave me a 'victory" emblemmed wallet saturday for my birthday.
Was there a note in it requesting you fill it up and return it so they too can ride a Victory? Happy Birthday, son. :ltr:thumb up

·
Registered
69 Posts
:p

·
Registered
12,326 Posts
I love it! Thanks.

·
Registered
154 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Was there a note in it requesting you fill it up and return it so they too can ride a Victory? Happy Birthday, son. :ltr:thumb up
the request was mine.birthday was towards the end of june.
they arent bike riders but love mercury cougars[his business].

and yes young 62 year olds qualify!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts