Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
There are a lot of poor dumb assholes that don't believe that truth.
"I bought this great 10-year-old bike with super low miles for $500!"

Then it needs a stator... and the stators are discontinued and rare, so that costs you $400. Then you need the gasket. A couple hundred in labor for troubleshooting the charging system and you now have $1,150 in the bike.

Of course the tires are expired and hard as a rock, so there's another $400. Now you have $1,550 in this $500 bike.

The bike has a running issue... a stumble or a hesitation... Troubleshooting that, new intake boots and O-rings, fuel filter, fuel lines, and now you have $2,100 in this $500 bike.

It's getting to the point where you could have purchased a newer bike without issues for what you have in this one... and you wouldn't be into a bike for FOUR TIMES what you paid for it and TWICE what you can sell it for.

One other thing... Sometimes a person's reality is 99% perception and 1% fact. People become convinced of things and that becomes their reality. Whether it's something they were told by a person they respect, or it's a justification they invent for a bad decision they made. Then, an experience or observation of someone else's experience will open their eyes... what we get now is REGRET. All because the person wasn't honest with themselves from the outset.

If a deal seems too good to be true... yeah, it probably is.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Well, you can't argue with results. Before taking the tuner and timing wheel off, I refused to ride it because it ran so rough. Now, I'm riding it daily and it's still a little rough when you put the pedal to the metal, but vastly better.:devil

·
Premium Member
13,058 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,058 Posts
Seen it. Bike's running great with S&S intake, downsweeps, baffles and NO tuner.:eek
Running great is relative and subjective. In stock tune there's a lot of performance left on the table and that's certainly your prerogative to leave it there.

What you don't know is what caused the issue in the first place. It will always be a mystery.

However; if you're happy I'm happy.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts