Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...every time I stop at a gas station or a parking lot I get a motorcyclist, usually a Harley rider, asking me about my XC and I end up spending an additional 10 to 15 minutes talking about my bike and how it compares to theirs, usually something like, "Wow! Great looking bike..." and then "How much did it cost?" and then "Really?! That's all? Wow!" and it ends with "I really like that there's an American option that's not Harley."

Today, I was at Costco and the particular bike in question was the Goldwing and the guy was blown away by my Vic.

I guess I don't have a complaint, really, because I enjoy discussing bikes; I just need to add time during my trips.

cheers

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
This is something Victory should compensate us for. Time is money, so please have the check in the mail for us. :p

·
Registered
528 Posts
You need to get use to it. It happens to all of us.
I had a guy ask all these questions while sitting at a red light, then he wanted me to pull over so he could get a better look at it.
It's all part of it.
When I built my rolling memorial VTX I would get pulled over by the police so they could just look at it.

Just enjoy

dd

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
I've had Porti for almost 5 years now. Out of that time she has been non op for 30 months with modifying.

I don't ride in the cold or rain.

I have just under 30k on her, so, I do ride her a lot when the weather and modifying permits.

I am a Starbucks junky. I go to Starbucks anytime I ride.

I have yet to get through a full cup of coffee without discussing, educating, fielding questions and plain old shooting the sh%$ with someone about Porti.

It is the nature of our bikes!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts