Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
changes of the Cross Country.........I am somewhat peeved.

Since every Victory Motorcycle is going to be running with the Freedom 106/6 V-Twin, the American cruiser motorcycle maker went in and updated its transmission as well. Specific changes weren’t yet listed, but the modifications aim to reduce driveline lash, which Victory claims has been cut by 66%, reduce gear whine, especially in 4th and 6th gear, and to make it easier for riders to shift into neutral at a stop courtesy of a “Neutral Assist.” It’s also said to “improve ridability and deliver a more appealing-sounding transmission,” a claim we’ll soon test first-hand at the upcoming Victory Motorcycles 2011 press launch next month.

I bought the last bike for 2010 at my local dealership. If I had known they were going to change it........

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Change advance or be left behind. That is the nature of bussiness. Think about the computer industry with the 2x2x2 philosaphy of twice the speed, twice the power, every two years. At the end of the day you still got a great ride that will be a long trusted friend on the road. I will be going to the press release this week, and throwing a couple thousand miles on one across 6 days of riding in Colorado then up to Sturgis. Since I get to ride them all the time; I'll let you know how I really think they did, and how much is just hype

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Kevin, I'll be on my way to Sturgis Thursday morning. Maybe we can hook up and have a beer at the Spoke. I'll be in tomorrow for service before I leave.
Ray

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Hey Kevin, I'll be on my way to Sturgis Thursday morning. Maybe we can hook up and have a beer at the Spoke. I'll be in tomorrow for service before I leave.
Ray
I'll be leaving out of Grand Junction Colorado on Friday AM, and overnighting at the Hilton in Ft Collins if you want to join us at either leg of the ride you are welcome along

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
I'll be leaving out of Grand Junction Colorado on Friday AM, and overnighting at the Hilton in Ft Collins if you want to join us at either leg of the ride you are welcome along
Don't mean to hijack this thread...but figured I would ask.

Where you gonna be hanging out or riding Kevin? I should be rollin into Sturgis Monday afternoon..I hope..LOL
Not leaving the Houston area till Saturday sometime.

Btw...thanks for your help the other night. Never could get the master cyl to prime. Ness sent out replacement...all went okay after that.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Don't mean to hijack this thread...but figured I would ask.

Where you gonna be hanging out or riding Kevin? I should be rollin into Sturgis Monday afternoon..I hope..LOL
Not leaving the Houston area till Saturday sometime.

Btw...thanks for your help the other night. Never could get the master cyl to prime. Ness sent out replacement...all went okay after that.
Np idea where I will be at any given time. You have my call number; so give me a shout when you get there

1 - 6 of 6 Posts