4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,858 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I've seen stranger things in Reno I'm behind ya to win Vindex! I like red by the way. And chrome.... Keep us posted! Hehecheers

·
Super Moderator
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh great here we go. :D

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
....so I can buy one of these.
Bahhh, let someone else blow the load and take pictures of it. Your ride will be more fun than his drive home anyway.

A couple of years ago Nissan came out with a 370 that automatically blipped the throttle on downshifts. I thought that was a pretty nifty idea as that seems harder to me than doing it on a bike, but then again I haven't really practiced doing it much.

Anyway, I decided a test drive was in order. Leaving the car lot, the salesman was telling me about a more powerful version they have in the showroom. I stepped on the gas a little and broke the tires loose. Then I asked him why one needed more power. I can't imagine it would go any faster than the one I was in once the tires start spinning.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
May as well buy a new 2013 mustang shelby 500 convertible to. 650 hp 600 ft-lb torque. Very nice.
Now, THAT would be pointless, wouldn't it? I mean if folks had the vette, the "lowly" Mustag would simply sit in the garage gathering dust, right? :ltr::ltr::ltr:

Can you tell that I am not a blue oval fanboy?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Now, THAT would be pointless, wouldn't it? I mean if folks had the vette, the "lowly" Mustag would simply sit in the garage gathering dust, right? :ltr::ltr::ltr:

Well that would be a good place for you to keep it. Wouldn't want to hurt yourself in a real car.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Bahhh, let someone else blow the load and take pictures of it. Your ride will be more fun than his drive home anyway.

A couple of years ago Nissan came out with a 370 that automatically blipped the throttle on downshifts. I thought that was a pretty nifty idea as that seems harder to me than doing it on a bike, but then again I haven't really practiced doing it much.

Anyway, I decided a test drive was in order. Leaving the car lot, the salesman was telling me about a more powerful version they have in the showroom. I stepped on the gas a little and broke the tires loose. Then I asked him why one needed more power. I can't imagine it would go any faster than the one I was in once the tires start spinning.
You are not a car guy are you? :ltr:

And lol @ anybody who calls that 2013 Shelby a lowly mustang. I don't care which brand's fan boy you are...credit must be given where credit is due and that Shelby deserves the credit.

Vindex I'll take a blacked out Z06(I don't want the ZR1) or a blacked out 2013 Shelby please. :D

·
Super Moderator
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is a bike forum?

·
Super Moderator
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hahahahaha thumb up

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
You are not a car guy are you? :ltr:
No, but I did have an RX-8 once that was about as fun as I can imagine a car being...until I turned off the traction control.

I felt like a race car driver tearing up the twisties in that thing. I could power out and just drift the rear just enough to punch out of it with the car perfectly positioned. Turn off the traction control and I slid the rear end around like I was driving a bumper car on ice.

Then again, I have an excuse, I don't drive enough to get proficient at it. :D

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
And lol @ anybody who calls that 2013 Shelby a lowly mustang. I don't care which brand's fan boy you are...credit must be given where credit is due and that Shelby deserves the credit.
I was just trying to get a rise out of the guy. I live in the heart of NASCAR country and sometimes it's bow-tie vs. blue oval guys. I've met the great Mr. Shelby personally myself (have friends in the auction industry) and agree that many great vehicles have been developed under his guidance. I actually like a number of his competitor's 'Stangs, the Saleen models. IMHO, if it's got a back seat, it ain't a TRUE sportscar. I use to own a convertible vette some 10 years back and will probably buy another one of these days.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Check this out....

I wouldn't mind having a couple of these in my stable. Actually, I bought the wife a 2002 Vette 6 months ago. Only has 28K on it. She gets mad when I drive it though because I drive it like it is designed to be driven. Like would you drive your Vegas like a golf cart?:ltr:
We took the back road to Prescott & I was doing 60mph in the 30mph curves & could not get the Vette to break loose. Sure scared the piss out of the wife though cheers

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts