Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I own a 2008 Kingpin 8-Ball. It a fantastic bike. It fits me perfectly in all aspects. Design, power, performance and blackness. It's the bike I saw that made my want to start riding for the first time. At 42, I had know idea what I was missing. Go test ride you see!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi David, Yes, you can go cheaper on oil and filter.......Why????? The Victory oil is a multiblend. It lubes the engine and trans. If you plan on keeping it, do it right. And save yourself a possible early, out of warranty, engine failure. I use amsoil 20w40. (I'm in FL) I payed about $9.50 a bottle. Some Vic riders use Rotella T by Shell. Some people complain of clutch slippage when they don't use Vic . oil. My 08 KP 8-Ball can go 5000 miles between services according to the manual. 07, is for some reason,2500 miles. As for filters, the $8.00 to 13.00 dollar filters, filter out crud to a smaller micron. You need to have that protect. You don't want trans. plate stuff floating in your engine oil. These bikes are to expensive to go cheap.imo

Go here for more info
http://www.thevmc.com/start.html

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Sunlitgoldpony, thanks for the fast response back. by all means I didn't state goinng to cheaper type oil, I just ment that Victory is (very proud) of there oil kits. thats all, and the inconvenience. I stocked Amsoil 20w50 and mobil1 M1-110 filters (microfiber filters) haven't changed my oil as of yet.
My next quest, You stated your using Amsoil 20w50, have you had any clutch slippage on your 08 KP 8-Ball? Also I do believe the engine/trans are the same units, between the 07 and 08, as far as the oil change times is just a research development change.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I use 20W40. I have had no problems. I only have 6000 miles at this time. All of the synthetics have that high price, for sure. I changed mine at 500, and 2500 and 5000. And now, I won't change it til 10,000. At first, I was mistaken and thought my 08 had to be changed every 2500. Then discovered it's every 5000. I was happy about that. I think the trans case is the same. And they add a gear and a few other items inside for all none 8-ball bikes. MInes fine as a 5 speed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.