Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I like this site better than the Facebook page.
It seems that the Facebook page has gotten a little abusive to new riders and their questions. Kinda like a HD page.

This site has been more welcoming and informative and I appreciate everyone who takes time to post questions, fixes, and answers questions. Even if it's about Oil...:grin

Thanks for the Brotherhood.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
The whole Facebook thing turned me off so much that I deleted (not just deactivated) my account over a year ago. Yea, I lost access to the Victory buy/sell pages, but that just means I saved money :)

·
Premium Member
13,061 Posts
Cliques happen even in social media or maybe especially in social media. Cliques lead to rude behavior.

I'm still on FB but what I have done is unfollowed some pages and turned off notifications so they don't show up in my feed.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I use the FB buy sell group but I'm mostly here. Both this forum and the other are easily Google searchable for a massive amount of information. Unfortunately much of the pics are gone because of the Photobucket thing a while back but many pics remain. I have saved pages for adapting the built in GPS input to other GPS models among other useful bits.

I asked about 10,000 questions here before buying and everyone was very helpful to me. No doubts that I made a good choice buying a 2012 used CCT last May. It has needed some maintenance but that's normal for any used bike. My first experience changing wheel bearings and that was easy.
I don't see this as any more difficult than my Honda for maintenance. No coolant to fool with but tank is a bit more annoying to remove. (Still need to do that for my new air filter.)

·
Premium Member
6,041 Posts
My wife made a facebook only 2 months ago and she only connects to people she want to talk to, kinda like Whatsapp, ha ha

I do not have facebook (within 1 month i deleted myself) .... In 2009 i made facebook when i was working in Madagascar and this indian bloke told me my father died and got a million bucks
Dad is still allive & and i am still poor .... Ha ha

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Super Moderator
4,950 Posts
Victory Facebook groups are filled with rude, crybaby pricks that attack new guys just trying to learn something. I've removed myself from all of them but a couple, one being Lloydz uncensored group, I enjoy that one.

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
This is the only site/forum I'm on. Got off facebook and the others several years back. My siblings got me to join facebook and they didn't like it when I got off. It isolated me from my family, brothers, sisters, cousins, etc..... But it is what it is and I ain't going back. I have no idea what they are doing nor they I. Yes I like this sight and don't dislike anyone. I don't agree with some members views but I do not dislike them.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Victory Facebook groups are filled with rude, crybaby pricks that attack new guys just trying to learn something
I never got why anybody on ANY online forum would be pushy, rude and aggressive but it sure is prolific. I come to online groups to learn something or to share something, or sometimes to sell something, never to throw my weight around. But I don't do that in person either, it's just not my style. I bet half internet bullies are wimps in person...and the other half are so close-minded that they're not worth wasting my time with.

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
I'm not on Farcebook and have no inclination to be on it at all.
This forum and the V8 Buick Forum do me just fine Thank You.

bit of political and religous crap on here but I just disregard it, usually delete without even looking.
It seems to be the only thing that divides us from our common purpose "Riding and maintaining our Victorys!"

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am in a lot of the Facebook groups and I agree there are a lot of bullies and rude people, but there are also a lot of nice and helping people as well. I have enjoyed the Victory groups and there has been a ton of information I have learned about my bike and bikes in general but I only started riding in 2015.

I have bought quite a few Victory related items for my bike and some clothing because of shares in the groups. I also have been lucky enough to have met a few really good people from the groups. I have also met and conversed with many Canadian Victory owners and shared information on how and where to get access to parts, service and other tips.

Just like anywhere else you have to filter some out and or sit back and see who you can converse, joke with or ignore. This forum had been great as well, I usually see ideas in the groups and then come to the forums to see more detailed and honest reviews and information.

Cheers to all those in cyberspace who share ideas, knowledge and review to help others learn and enjoy their passions and hobbies

Kevin

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
This is the only site/forum I'm on. Got off facebook and the others several years back. My siblings got me to join facebook and they didn't like it when I got off. It isolated me from my family, brothers, sisters, cousins, etc..... But it is what it is and I ain't going back. I have no idea what they are doing nor they I. Yes I like this sight and don't dislike anyone. I don't agree with some members views but I do not dislike them.
I use it but not connected to any family on there. We actually talk to each other... Haha

·
Premium Member
13,061 Posts
I'm not on Farcebook and have no inclination to be on it at all.
This forum and the V8 Buick Forum do me just fine Thank You.

bit of political and religous crap on here but I just disregard it, usually delete without even looking.
It seems to be the only thing that divides us from our common purpose "Riding and maintaining our Victorys!"
Very glad to hear this. It's best those who don't like or understand our politics stay out of it altogether. Thanks for that!

It's a fact of life that we are multidimensional people; not single one topic people. We do share a bonding motorcycle culture. Some of us share more in other areas.

Like we tell the gun/free speech/etc grabbers. Don't like guns; don't buy one. Don't like free speech; stay off social media and go live in a cave. Don't believe in God; stay out of churches. The problem with leftists is they always want to ban something they don't like rather than just let it be and get on with their lives so they shouldn't be surprised when they hit someone and that someone hits back.

The left could say the same thing about the pro-life crowd and I would agree to a certain point. That's a no-win topic if ever there was one.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I never got why anybody on ANY online forum would be pushy, rude and aggressive but it sure is prolific. I come to online groups to learn something or to share something, or sometimes to sell something, never to throw my weight around. But I don't do that in person either, it's just not my style. I bet half internet bullies are wimps in person...and the other half are so close-minded that they're not worth wasting my time with.
It is the complete anonymity that gives all the "keyboard commandos" the 'nerve' and opportunity to 'flex their muscles'. We've got a few here as well.

·
Premium Member
13,061 Posts
It is the complete anonymity that gives all the "keyboard commandos" the 'nerve' and opportunity to 'flex their muscles'. We've got a few here as well.
Yes; the antifa types are a real problem.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
This and a couple of gun forums are the only thing I do in cyberspace. I check all three before I go to work and that is the limit of my "social media" each day. I don't do facebook or any of the other ones. I don't really care what other people are doing or care if they know what I am doing. The people I care about the most I talk to on the phone or in person if they live close enough.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts