Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my modified stock exhaust. There is a guy in north central FL that does cross bike exhausts. I found out about him on another Vic forum (edited per forum rules), he goes by the handle nascar6.

The re-worked exhaust is exactly what I was looking for: way better sound and a couple of extra horsepower. My KP long-shot stage one was too loud for my taste, and the stock XR was...more like a Singer than a motorcycle. Now it has a nice low rumble on idle and even better when you twist the throttle.

Jim uses a high quality baffle to get a good couple of HP gain.

I highly recommend this upgrade if you are not satisfied with the stock exhaust on your XR/XC.

Best upgrade so far!

Robert

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
What is this? Pie in the sky on another forum?

Where are the pics, the video, the sound of your new exhaust? Oh, yeah, and the dyno results showing 2 extra ponies. :D

How much was the upgrade? Sounds like he re-cores the stock mufflers... How long was your bike without pipes on?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is a video with sound.
http://cyclesportsleather.tripod.com/Nascarpipes.AVI

I don't have dyno results. I did the upgrade more for the sound than the extra ponies. Any extra oomph is just icing in my mind.

He cuts the stock muffler open, installs a new baffle, and runs a 2" pipe out to the back.

The cost was $200, plus ~$20 for clamps to re-attach the heat shields. The bike was without pipes two days.

Robert

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Wow, they sound very nice! I guess for folks like me, there would be more downtime and cost due to shipping from west coast to FL. Wish we had a guy like that in my area. The price is right, and the sound is awesome. thumb up

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just took my pipes to Jim today and will have them back Wed. Can't wait hear them on my XC. Thanks for the tip Robert!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Supplier Name for Modifying Exhausts

I'd like to contact the person in N. Florida that is doing the exhaust mod. Why can't his contact information be provided in this thread??
Appreciate the information (ahead of time).

Regards.

Ron Kahan, 561-306-1857

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
His name is Jim, phone number is 813 748 6550. He is located near Leesburg.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The pipes do not drown out the radio. I crank the music up and ride. I actually like turning the radio off and just listen to the roar. ;-)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts