Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On Aug 31st I traded my 2010 XC for a new 2015 XCT, Pearl White and Gray two tone. I had been very happy with the 2010 and had no plans on making that move. The 2010 XC had 54,000+ on it and happy miles they were. But the dealer gave me a deal that was to hard to pass on and my wife(Great Women!!!) gave her blessing. I was able to take off some of the extra's I had on the 2010 so I was happy. Last week I reinstalled the extra tail lighting, Ultimate seat, driving lights and other small items I had. Just waiting for my 2" pullback bars to arrive. I have 420 miles on the new bike, need a few more and I'll get the 500 mile service and bars installed. Need to get cruiser pegs, probably go with the Kuryakyn offset's. And the Kuryakyn Sabertooth lights also. (Xmas is close by!!) This morning I was cleaning up some wires from the front driving light install and I noticed that the fork lock had an opening for a key. Tried it and I have an operational fork lock. I was under the impression that this was only put on some of the export bikes. So maybe I got a "freebie". Has anyone else noticed that if they have the fork lock on their 2015 XCT?

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
Congrats and how about a picture ??

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Tried it and I have an operational fork lock.
You lucky dog.... :grin
Have you noticed any "heat differences" between the XC and XCT, especially runing around down there in Florida?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes. The 2010xc had a 11 inch 7jurock shield with oversized Victory lowers. More airflow and seemed to be cooler. The 2015 XCT I've been on 2 runs in 90 to 98 degree temps, still playing with the best position to get the most airflow. Seems that full open on the bottom is the way to go. Not sure on the fairing winglets at this point.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Yes. The 2010xc had a 11 inch 7jurock shield with oversized Victory lowers. More airflow and seemed to be cooler. The 2015 XCT I've been on 2 runs in 90 to 98 degree temps, still playing with the best position to get the most airflow. Seems that full open on the bottom is the way to go. Not sure on the fairing winglets at this point.
I have my fairing winglets angled so the wind hits me just inside the thigh to push out the heat from the rear jug! it also helps keep the "boys" a little dryer.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll try that on the winglets. How do you have your lowers set?

·
Registered
682 Posts
My 03 has a fork lock, I figured all vics did. Why would they stop putting them on? It won't prevent theft or someone moving the bike but it adds a small amount of peace of mind

·
Registered
92 Posts
On Aug 31st I traded my 2010 XC for a new 2015 XCT, Pearl White and Gray two tone. I had been very happy with the 2010 and had no plans on making that move. The 2010 XC had 54,000+ on it and happy miles they were. But the dealer gave me a deal that was to hard to pass on and my wife(Great Women!!!) gave her blessing. I was able to take off some of the extra's I had on the 2010 so I was happy. Last week I reinstalled the extra tail lighting, Ultimate seat, driving lights and other small items I had. Just waiting for my 2" pullback bars to arrive. I have 420 miles on the new bike, need a few more and I'll get the 500 mile service and bars installed. Need to get cruiser pegs, probably go with the Kuryakyn offset's. And the Kuryakyn Sabertooth lights also. (Xmas is close by!!) This morning I was cleaning up some wires from the front driving light install and I noticed that the fork lock had an opening for a key. Tried it and I have an operational fork lock. I was under the impression that this was only put on some of the export bikes. So maybe I got a "freebie". Has anyone else noticed that if they have the fork lock on their 2015 XCT?

Yes mine has one also.
Toby

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Congrats on the new ride.
I couldn't afford to do that on my Vision. My accessories could easily be moved to a new bike because I still have the OEM stuff but no way could I get my Vic Shop stuff to the new bike without serious expense and a new dyno. Some day I could be tempted to make the move I suppose but this bike is paid for and so are my mods. A new bike would mean all new expenses.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ironic you say that. That is what I've tried in this Florida heat and I agree with you. I'm running the winglets about the same to get the airflow back on the boys........Thanx

1 - 12 of 12 Posts